Chapter Sixteen

merlinian4eva: lexi, please reply. i'm sorry, i really am. you have no idea how hard it's been without you to talk to. you're one of my best friends, and i hate myself for saying all of that. i didn't mean it. i'm really really sorry. -mikayla

LexiPainter123: I don't particularly want to make things worse for me by accidentally getting too close to a potential rapist or kidnapper and losing them because of my own stupidity of trying to make online friends.

LexiPainter123 has disconnected.

***

As I was lying on my bed playing Candy Crush, my phone suddenly quit the application, showing a phone call from Thomas.

"Helloooo?"

"Lex! Hey! It's Tommy!"

"Hi," I said, not with the same enthusiasm.

"What are you doing?"

"Playing Candy Crush." Luckily, I had already explained the concept of Candy Crush to Thomas, otherwise he would have started making comments about how Candy Crush was obviously made by Americans and that you couldn't 'crush' candies like Haribos, etcetera, etcetera.

It was quite hard to explain things to him, even if he was a genius.

 "Oh. Is it that weird swapping sweets game? I really don't know why you enjoy it so much."

"It's addictive! I've finally got past level sixty-five, oh my God, it's one of the hardest levels ever."

"Can I have a go on your phone when you come over to my house?"

I froze. "Wait, Thomas...I'm coming to your house?"

"Yeah. Didn't your mother tell you?"

"Mum, Thomas. Not mother. And no, she didn't. How do you even know her e-mail slash phone number?"

There was silence at the other end of the phone.

"Tom?"

"Yeah?" Thomas sounded uneasy.

"When is this, and does my mum actually know?"

"Nope, I just said that so you'd feel you had to come?" Thomas forced out a little laugh at the end.

I sighed. "Thomas, you don't have to do that. Of course I'll c-"

"Friday-after-school-'till-six-p-m-bye-Lexi!"

The beeping sound afterwards told me he'd hung up before I could even say bye. I groaned. Who in their right mind would agree to go to the most annoying and geeky boy in the school's house?

Actually, I probably wasn't in my right mind to be honest.

Because people in their right mind had friends, right?

Excluding Thomas, who was like a little lemming with an obsession with me. But whatever. Nothing worse would happen if I just decided to pay a visit. I didn't know how much worse things could get, so this couldn't hurt. I'd feel too bad if I rejected Thomas' offer anyway. He had been nice to me, and I at least owed it to him.

***

THE LIFE OF A TWIN.

Entry 12.

It's always a little horrible when you're the most bullied girl in the year. Probably the most bullied girl in the school. Scrap that, I'm bullied more than any boy. Even THOMAS is bullied less often, and he's the most annoying know-it-all there is! Yeah, he is my friend and he's alright, I guess, but he follows me everywhere like a puppy and it's pretty annoying tbh