Chapter 15--A Dreadful Surprise

It was a Sunday, a beautiful one in fact, when the announcement came. Harry, Ron, and Sirius were practicing Quidditch out back. "Oi!" Sirius would exclaim often, as he had not played in years, "I really need to get in shape!" He also said, even though everyone kept telling him that he was more fit than most of his peers.

     Just then, Regulus came running outside. "You guys need to come in!" He shouted, "The Ministry has an announcement!" Groans of disapproval were heard from the three as they landed and dismounted. "Quickly!" Regulus urged as he herded them inside. In the Living Room, the TV was on and the Minister was speaking. "-So we must be cautious. This attack has shaken our roots but we will pull through." A man walked up to the Minister and handed him a card. The look on the Minister's face turned grim. "I have the casualty count in my hands." The Minister said with a sigh, "It appears that those who did not escape the attack in Diagon Alley are surely dead. Thank you for listening, and my condolences to those who lost someone." The TV turned off by itself.

     Shock took to the faces of all the residents of the Burrow, then grief. Fred and George had been working that day, they only had off on Saturdays, which meant that if they hadn't come home yet... they were dead. It was devastating. Percy started to cry on Ron's shoulder, Mr. And Mrs. Weasley wept silently, and then it hit Harry. His parents had been in Diagon Alley too, and surely if they had escaped, they would have come here. That only meant one thing, they had also died in the attack. Sirius must have realized this too, because he ran over to Harry and hugged him as they both started to cry. It took Remus a little longer to realize what was happening, but when he did, he also ran to join the two and cried.

     That was when the door opened and James, Lily, Fred, and George suddenly appeared in the doorway.

     "Why are you guys all crying?" The twins asked. Heads snapped up, mouths lay agape. "WE BLOODY THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL DEAD!" Ron screamed as he tackled his brothers. "Oh." James said, "maybe we should have sent a patronus saying we were okay." "No, really?" Sirius said sarcastically as he gave his best friend a bear hug. Harry followed shortly afterward and hugged his parents tightly, still in tears. Then the TV turned back on.

     "Hello again." The Minister said solemnly. His face was as white as a sheet. "I have some more bad news. The Death Eaters are rising in both power and numbers and they are attacking more and more places. The Ministry advises all wizards and witches to stay home and only go out if it's absolutely necessary." The Minister sighed. "I am also saddened to inform you that.... Because of unknown forces..... The Dark Lo- I mean, You-know-w- I mean.... Voldemort has risen again. The Ministry will put all of its available workforce into defeating him. Again, we ask that the only people on the streets, unless absolutely necessary, are Ministry officials. Thank you for your time." And the screen went blank again.

Only then did Harry faint.

(A/N):
Hi again! I thought that after 14 chapters of nothing we needed some action, right?! Anyways, I hope to update "Home Again" by Monday and this again by Wednesday.

Bye for now,
The_fandom_bookworm