ii

"A-Adrien?" she shakely asked.  

"Your soulmate is Chat Noir," he said. He couldn't believe it. A girl in front of him was his soulmate. Not that he was complaining. Marinette was pretty- No, she was beautiful. But his heart - his heart still belonged to his lady. 

"I-I..-" she had nothing to say. "Please don't tell anyone," she whispered as she looked at her shoes. He let go of her hand, and both of them blushed.

"Do you realize you need to tell him, right?" he asked. 

"I-I..yes I do," she sighed. "I just don't want to," 

"Why?" he asked. He can't see her in his superhero form if she doesn't tell anyone. It would automatically make him a traitor. And he had no idea how to get out of it. But he wasn't sure if he could tell her his secret identity. At least not yet. Besides, the girl in front of him hasn't spoken any sentences to him without stuttering. 

She seemed a lot more relaxed when he was Chat Noir.

"I-I, well h-he's a superhero. And I-I.. I'm just a average girl," she whispered. She wanted to cry, but she couldn't. Not in front of her crush.

"And you think he won't like you, because you're a normal girl?" Adrien asked. "Haven't you met him already?"

"Y-Yes, but that was d-different," she said and sighed. 

Adrien sighed. He seriously wanted to talk to her about this, but he knew he had to make her tell someone. Someone that would 'contact' his superhero persona.

"Does Alya know?" he asked. Marinette shyly shook her head. 

"C-Can we go talk somewhere else? We're in the middle of a street," Marinette spoke up. Adrien nodded and followed her. They walked past the zebra crossing and a few blocks dowstreet and they were already in front of bakery. 

"W-We can talk in my room. I-I mean if you want," she said, still looking at her feet. 

"Okay," they greeted her parents, which were delighted to have Adrien visit them again. They weren't sure if they were soulmates or not, but they were happy anyways.

"You didn't answer my question," she had no idea why he was so serious about this.

It's not like it was his soulmate they were talking about.

"No. She doesn't," she sighed and sat on her bed. 

"And I assume, you're not gonna tell her," he sat down in her chair.  

"I guess," 

"Why not?" Adrien didn't know if he was being too pushy, but he wanted to know. 

"Why do you care?" Marinette snapped, finally looking at him. It took him by suprise.

"Marinette, ... I'm sorry, but I really care about you. You're my friend and I don't want to see you hurt," he said, sitting down beside her. He pulled her into a hug, and this time Marinette was suprised.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have snapped," she sighed into his shoulder.

"It's fine, but I really want to know why," he said.

"I guess I'm scared. I'm scared that she would hate me, because she such a Ladynoir shipper," Marinette sighed.

"You think, she would hate you for something that's not even your fault?" 

"Maybe not hate. But she would be pretty upset," Marinette was the first to break the hug. He knew now. Why it felt so right to hold her in his arms.

"You will have to tell her sooner or later," he said. "I know,"

There was a silence. None of the two teens spoke, but it was a comfortable silence. 

"I'm going tell him," Adrien finally said. 

"Nino?" Marinette exclaimed. 

"What no! If you're not going to, I will tell Chat Noir," he sighed. "I know it's going to feel like betraying a friend, but I feel the right thing to do,"

She couldn't believe it.

"Please don't," she begged.

"I can tell him to meet you tonight and if you don't tell him, I will," he said siriously. 

"You know him?" she asked. 

"Yep. We're fans of each other," that helped Marinette smile.

"Fine. I'll tell him, but I'm going to be worse than ever," she rolled her eyes. "Why can't I just talk normaly to someone?" 

He knew she was talking to herself, but he couldn't help but laugh at her a little.

"Anyway, I have photoshoot in like half an hour. I'll tell him to meet you, though," she smiled, as he left thought the trapdoor. 

She didn't know how was she supposed to deal with it.

If he had a ladybug mark on him? He wouldn't just discover his soulmate, he would also discover her true identity. 

Tikki flew out from her hiding spot and gently rubbed Marinette's shoulder. 

"I feel like everything's going to be okay," she said and sat on her shoulder. 

"It's easy for you to say," Marinette sighed. "You don't have soulmates,"

Tikki chuckled. "I actually do. Well it's not called a soulmate, but we're connected like it. His name is Plagg and he's Chat's kwami," 

"Well at least you two get along," she said. "Well, we do, but I still don't love him."

"Chat Noir and Ladybug were always one. You can't change it. And maybe, someday you can be happy with the results," Tikki smiled. 

She knew Marinette liked Chat, but her heart still ached for Adrien. And that was about to change. She was sure about it.

She just had to get to know him better.

It was already five o'clock, so she started doing homework. But she got stuck in Biology homework. She groaned, as she heard a knock on her balcony door. 

Her heart started beating fast as she slowly moved away from her table to the trapdoor. She pulled down her sleeve to cover her mark. 

"I believe I was summoned to check on my Princess," a cheeky grin was playing on his face, but her face showed nothing but nervousness. 

"Marinette, are you okay?" he asked, when he saw her worried face. She nodded and let him in. She hoped Tikki was hidden. 

They walked in the middle of the room. 

Her parents were downstairs and she didn't want to be too loud. 

"I just want to make this quick," she said quietly. "Just lets be a bit more quiet, since my parents are downstairs,"

Chat Noir nodded. "So, Princess, what did you want to tell me?"

"Chat this is serious," she sighed. 

"I know," the face of his still held a smile. 

She rolled her eyes, slightly annoyed. 

"Fine, what do you need from me?" he asked, finally a bit more seriously. 

"There's high posibility you won't believe me. And I don't want you think I'm some crazy fangirl. But there's a high chance that we're..-" "...-soulmates," he finished for her.