iii

"..-soulmates," he finished for her.

"How..-" she was confused.

"It came to me right before you were going to finish the sentence," he smiled.

They were quiet for a few seconds, nobody knew what to say.

"I-I'm sorry," she said.

Chat looked at her with confusion on his face. "Why? You've done nothing wrong,"

"I just feel like t-the person that got stuck with me would be really unlucky. I guess your luck is catching up on you," she sighed, looking at her feet.

"Why would I be unlucky?" he asked. "And Marinette why do you think so low of yourself?"

"I-I guess it's in my nature," she said. That moment he didn't know that to say, so he just hugged her. She was suprised at first, but then she hugged him back. Niether of them wanted to let go, so they just stood there in the middle of the room.

"Can I just a-ask what does your mark say about me?" Marinette asked.

"It's a needle and a string. Because I know you like designing clothes. And I also know you're very good at it," he smiled at her. "I'd love to show you, but this suit is literally glued on me,"

That made Marinette chuckled a little.

"What about yours?"

She pulled the sleeve up and reavealed the paw on her wrist. "It's kind of hard not to think of you, when you see it,"

He smiled at her. But then his smile faded.

"I feel like, you want it to be someone else," he said, still looking at her eyes. She wanted to avoid eye contact, but failed.

"No, I'm actually glad it's you. I d-do like you, but yes, there is s-someone else t-too," she sadly said. "Even though, I wish it wasn't,"

"Besides you love Ladybug, don't you," she added.

"I do yes. But my heart might be aching for someone else too," he said shyly. She looked at him with wide eyes.

"H-How?"

"It started after Evillustrator accident, when I noticed you more. I started watching small things about you - not in a stalker-ish way," she laughed a little.

"I guess I like you too kitty cat," she smiled. He finally looked at her.

"Princess," he smiled. They were so close, she could feel his heartbeat. But then the stairs started making sounds and she knew someone was coming upstairs in her room.

"Hide," she whispered and he quickly took the only place he had in mind that moment. The closet. She sat in her chair, pretending that she was doing homework.

The door opened, revealing her dad. "Oh hi, papa. Need something?"

"No. I just thought I'd brought you some cookies, since you've been up here for a long time," he smiled at her, giving her a plate of fresh baked cookies.

"Thank you, papa," she was kind of angry, since he interrupted them, but she was still grateful for the cookies.

"Enjoy," he smiled at her and closed the door. She let out a sigh of relief and went to the closet to open the door.

"Cookies!" Chat whisper-yelled. He looked at Marinette for a permission. She laughed at him and nodded. He stuffed a cookie in his mouth.

"If I knew any better I'd say you're on a model strict diet," she laughed and Chat stopped chewing for a second.

"Wait you are?" Marinette said suprised. Chat shook his head, trying to cover up his mistake, but miserably failing at it.

"Oh my god, you're a model," she facepalmed.

"No, I'm not," he tried.

"My soulmate is a model," she sighed. "And I'm a baker's daughter. Great. This is going just great,"

"Wait what are you saying? At least I'll be able to eat," he smiled with his cheeky grin.

"That explains how you and Adrien know each other. Wait! Does he know who you are behind the mask? Weren't you supposed to keep your identity a secret?" she was full of questions. He just laughed at her. He didn't want to say anything.

"You know, you haven't said any puns today, and I'm really getting worried," she mentally slapped herself, because it was okay without any puns.

"I'm not paw-sitively sure that's true, Princess," he smiled at her.

"Whoop. There it is," she laughed. He walked over to her and took her hands into his. They fit into his perfectly or as he would say purr-fectly.

"I can be un-purr-dictable," he winked at her.

"I believe you owe me something," she smiled at him.

"Oh really? What would that be?" he smiled at her and pulled her closer. Their noses were almost touching.

"I don't know. Maybe you know it," she teased him.

"Oh, Princess," he smiled at her, before pressing his lips to hers. It was a simple peck, but it was worth it.

They pulled away, both blushing.

"You know, you stilll have to tell Alya, right?" he said, after a few moments of silence.

"You know that too?" she asked. "Just tell me how much did you know when you came here,"

"Uh actually Adrien told me mostly everything, exept for the soulmate thing," he laughed.

"I'm going to kill him tomorrow," she shook her head.

"Don't. He wanted only for you to tell me the truth," he smiled and walked over to her again.

"I'm a little threatened by him, if I'm honest," he smiled. Marinette looked at him weirdly.

"Why, kitty?"

"I think he might like you," he said as Marinette's eyes went wide.

"Adrien? Me? Are you insane?" she laughed.
"Why is it so hard to believe?" now he was serious.

"I don't think Adrien even knew I existed until that gaming competition," she smiled at him. "Even if he likes me, you have nothing to worry about,"

What was she talking about? Her heart belonged to Adrien, so why did she lie to Chat? To make him feel better? But why did it feel like the truth?

"I really like you, Purr-incess. I can't deny it," he smiled at her. "You just can't stop with these stupid cat puns, can you?"

"You wound me, Princess," he laughed.

"I think it's better if I leave you now. Your knight still has work to do and I think that he isn't the only one," he smiled at her.

"Wait, Chat Noir," she stopped him, as he wanted to climb out of the balcony door.

"Yes, Mari?" he asked.

"Where do we stand?" she asked him.

"Where do you want us to be?" he asked her back. She madly blushed and looked at her feet. She liked him for sure and there was no way Adrien would give her a chance. So why not?

"I-I.." she suttered and Chat knew what it meant.

"Just say yes or no," he said.

She didn't know what he meant, but then she realized it. "Yes,"

"Good. I was hoping for that answer," he quickly pecked her cheek.

"See ya around, Princess,"