iv

"Hi Alya," Marinette greeted her best friend.

"Hey girl! How was your birthday?" she asked, hoping she would tell her what had been going on with her.

"Uh it was good. After school mama and papa baked me a cake, like every year, we had dinner together and then ... I need to talk to you about that," she said and sighed.

"Okay? Anyway have you found your mark?" Marinette nodded.

"I'll explain all over hot chocolate after school. Sounds cool?" she asked, Alya nodded.

"Okay, girl. Can't wait to hear who your soulmate is," she smiled. "Are you going?"

She saw Adrien just exiting the limousine. "Go on. I'll catch on you later,"

Alya nodded confused, but still went towards her first class.

"Adrien!" Marinette called and his face turned in her direction.

"Hey Marinette. How'd it go?" he asked.

"I'd like to hug you right now, but I think Chloe is going to kill me," they laughed and Adrien turned to see Chloe's jealous face.

"Don't mind her. How did he react?" he asked.

"I think it went pretty good," she shyly smiled and blushed. She had no idea, how much he wanted to kiss her right now.

"Are you dating yet?" he quietly asked, so nobody would hear.

"Uhh is it that obvious?"

"No, but you just confirmed it," they laughed.

"I'm really happy for you," he said.

"I'm going to tell Alya today," she sighed. "I don't know how she'll react, but I will tell her."

"Anyway let's head to class, it's gonna start soon," she said an he nodded.

She couldn't be more happy than she was. She still had feeling for Adrien, so why did she feel like she liked Chat more and more? Was she finally moving on? Or was the soulmate magic that caused it?

"Stop daydreaming, Marinette," she made a note to herself. She started listening to what Miss Bustier was saying, but she got none of it correctly. Like she couldn't focus on anything else.

While the blonde boy in sit infront of her was having trouble too trying not to turn around to face her.

The last lesson was finally over and Marinette got really nervous.

"Okay girl, let's find the cafe shop and you can tell me everything!" Alya exclaimed. Adrien gave her a supportive smile. Alya noticed, but didn't say anything. Hopefully Marinette's story was going to explain it all.

They sat down in a cafe, near Eiffel tower, so they had the best view in town.

"Okay, start explaining," she said. Marinette took a deep breath.

"Before I start, promise on Ladyblog, you won't scream and you won't tell anyone," she said.

"I promise," she replied.

She rolled the sleeve up and showed her best friend her mark. Alya's eyes went wide when she realized what she was looking at.

"You promised not to scream," she said when she saw her best friend all red in the face.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but is your soulmate Chat Noir?" she wispered. Marinette nodded.

"That's why I've been down yesterday. I had no idea what to do, but then Adrien accidentally saw the mark and he-well he threatened he would tell him, if I didn't,"

"I didn't think he is capable, though," Alya laughed.

"Believe me, he is," Marinette sighed.

She told her every detail of the night, even though she let out about him possibly being a model.

"So basically you're dating the most beloved superhero of Paris," she laughed. Marinette's look pierced through her, because she said too loud. Luckily nobody cared about them.

"Sorry, but I'm really excited," she clapped her hands.

"So, you're not disappointed?" Marinette asked.

"Why would I be disappointed?" Alya asked.

"Because you're such a Ladynoir shipper and I don't want to stand on your way of it," well in some way he is dating Ladybug, but he and she don't know that.

"Oh yeah. I would love to see them together, but not as much as Marichat," she smiled.

"Wait what?" she nearly choked on her drink.

"From now on, your ship name is Marichat," Alya said proudly.

"When did you even come up with this?" she asked.

"Uh like five seconds ago?" she laughed. "I was a little torn between Marichat and MariNoir, but I come to conclusion I like Marichat way better,"

"Anyway, I got Ladybug interview and I want a Chat Noir one too. So if you can arrange that it would be great. Oh who am I kidding? I want one, so get me it," Alya smiled at her best friend. Marinette just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I'll see what I can do," she winked at her, when a loud crash came from outside.

"Sorry, Marinette. I need to cover this for Ladyblog. Wanna come? You can see your lover boy," Alya grinned at her.

"I think I'll pass," she smiled. Alya ran out, while Marinette ran into a bathroom to transform.

How is she going to look at him, without lying to him?

She shook off the thought and ran to the crime scene.

"My lady," she heard a familliar voice say. She turned around to see her soulmate.

"Look what the cat dragged in," she laughed at him.

"Let's make it quick," he said. "I've got work to do,"

The akuma wasn't tough to beat.

"Pound it!" they fistbumped and smiled at each other. She wanted to kiss him right now. So badly.

"I love you my lady," he said with such confidence. "But I'm letting you go,"

"Chat?" she asked worried.

"I found my soulmate yesterday," he smiled. "She's everything I was hoping for and I can't be in love with both of you. It's not fair. A part of me will always love you, but for now it's better like this, because I know she can return my feelings," he smiled, as he kissed her hand, then ran. He was happy he finally did that.

Marinette shook it off. She had to get to the cafe, before Alya did.

But sadly she was too late. She was already sitting on their spot.

"So, you went to see your lover boy after all," she laughed at her face, as it became red.

"Not funny, Alya. Really it isn't," she sat down as they began to chat again.