Chapter 42: All By Myself

Hey guys. So I just felt obliged to say I don't really know what was going on in this chapter. It's just all background so I'm sorry. The next chapter will be much better I promise.

_______________________

Every one watched nervously as The quidditch game started. Everyone thought Sev was going to rig the game, and multiple people had come up to Harry saying he needed to catch the snitch as soon as possible. They all watched on the edge of their seats hoping nothing bad would happen to Harry.

As they flew up Hufflepuff started to take the lead, but withing five minutes Harry was able to catch the snitch winning the game for Gryffindor! It was some remarkable flying, and for the first time in seven years Gryffindor was in the lead for the inner house quiddtch cup.

They all went back up to the common room to celebrate another great victory with each other. Harry went up to the dorms and came back down holding a letter. He walked up to Rose and whispered to her.

"Hey tell the others that Hagrid invited us to go to his hut tomorrow after classes." He then walked off leaving Rose looking very confused. He came back a second later. "Wait, okay I forgot for a second that that's impossible for you. I'll find them and tell them. Right."

Rose rolled her eyes and went to go get a butterbeer. She decided to grab two and skipped upstairs. Rose didn't really feel like partying, but butterbeer was too good to pass up.

Rose settled in on her bed. She pulled the curtains and pulled out a book and a butterbeer. Today she could be alone with her thoughts. This was usually how it was when she was at home. Just her till Sev would get home. The silence greeted her like an old friend and she embraced it.

Curling up with her book Rose soon found that she was... bored. Compared to the fast pace of Hogwarts just sitting there felt too slow. She curled up into a ball under the coves of her bed and moaned.

She got up and looked for something to do. She didn't want to go downstairs and have to talk to people. She looked through her trunk and found old cloths and lost knickknacks. She cradled a broken piece of her old mobile, a Slytherin team seeker. She thought fondly of the memories she had back home but realized that a lot of them she was on her own. 

She no longer felt like being alone. She had spent too much time alone. She wanted to take advantage of all the time she got at Hogwarts. She took her butter beer in hand all threw down her book. She was going to have fun.