19 | Intimacy

Lydia allowed the gold dress she wore to fall from her shoulders, letting the material pool around her ankles. Her stylists gathered what they needed for her outfit, and she stared in the mirror at her neatly pinned hair.

Anakin neared her apartment, and stepped inside. R2-D2 beeped quietly as Anakin passed, and he patted his metal head.
Anakin peeked his head in where Lydia stood, watching her. She had turned different angles in the mirror, examining herself and the back of her hair.

Once she turned, she seen him. He didn't move, and she stepped forward, causing him to straighten his posture.
"Forgive me." He said. "I didn't realize you were doing something."
"It's alright." She said as she soothed out the material of her dress. "I was just keeping myself company."

Anakin smiled. "I seen."
He eyed her outfit, causing her to blush sightly.
"You look delightful." He said to her.
"Thank you."
He exhaled and held a hand out to her. "I would be honored to escort a Princess."
Lydia smiled as she placed her hand in his gloved one.
"I'd be honored to be escorted by a Jedi Knight."

                                      ***

The Opera House was filled with Coruscant creatures and citizens as Lydia followed Anakin. The box that was reserved for the Jedi and the Council was levels high, giving an exact view of the performance arena.

Chancellor Palpatine stood as Obi-Wan did.
"Thank you for joining us, Princess Lydia." He said. "Your presence is highly appreciated."
"It's an honor to be here with you all, Chancellor Palpatine." Lydia said.

"Take a seat." He demanded in a polite tone. She did so, and Anakin sat behind the two, along side of Obi-Wan.

"Chancellor Palpatine's behavior is being under-watched by the Council." Obi-Wan said to him.
"What?" Anakin asked in a whisper.
Obi-Wan looked towards the Chancellor in case he was listening, but he was too involved in the conversation he was having with Lydia, and his guard.
"You know what, Anakin. He hasn't been doing anything to moralize the Senate."  Obi-Wan explained. "With Jango escaping, he hasn't set out any mission to find him. And the Council is cautious."

Anakin sighed quietly as he looked towards Sheev Paplatine. What if he didn't want to take the responsibility of Chancellor anymore?

"What do we do then, Master?" He asked.
"I for one cannot do anything myself." He answered. "The rest of the Council has to agree on the solution first."

Anakin didn't want to wait. "Excuse me, Master."

Lydia hadn't paid attention to what Anakin had been doing as she listened to the Chancellor speaking to her.
"I highly agree that your arrival to Coruscant has been truly great, Milady."
"Thank you, but -"
"Excuse me, Milady." Anakin butted in. "I have received a message that you are needed."

Seeing the concern in Anakin's eyes, Lydia nodded. "Thank you, Master Skywalker."
Although Anakin wanted to smile at the sound of her saying that, he extended his hand out and offered to help her make her way out of the box.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.
Anakin looked around them, and back at her as he sighed. "The Council doesn't trust Chancellor Palpatine."
"What?" She asked.
"He hasn't been acting like the Chancellor the Senate needs." He answered.

"Okay, then what's going to happen?"
"I don't know." He confessed. "Obi-Wan said that he can't decide until the Council does first."
Lydia looked down apprehensively, only to look back up at Anakin as he grabbed her hand.

"I don't want you around him alone." He said.

She understood. "What now?"
"Lie to Chancellor that you have a job that needs your attention, involving a droid."
She sighed. "Alright."

Arriving back to the box, she moved towards Palpatine. "Forgive me, Chancellor. But I am needed for a slight malfunction with my assisting droid, I hope you understand."
"Indeed, Milady." He said, nodding to her.

Once she left, Anakin soon waited behind to keep a distance in timing, and he went to find her.

                                      ***

Anakin soon arrived to Lydia's apartment, and stepped inside as the door slid open. He walked through the dark space, and stopped once he seen Lydia, he couldn't help but chuckle.

The Princess sat at the end of her bed, wearing a thin material robe with a silk night gown on under it. Anakin pressed his lips together as his eyes scanned her appearance.

"I was wondering when you're intimacy would kick in." Lydia said.
Anakin walked forward, kissing her. He held her face as she grabbed his arms, pulling him closer to her.

They're so cute dawww

Please vote!