Chapter 24

*Little quote up there to inspire you a little before you read ;-)*

***For an early update, 30 votes and 30 comments***

Stephanie's POV

The Jameson house has turned into a complete bedlam.

After the boys left to college it became much more calm, with the exception of when Haley did her temper tantrums or she and Amy were dancing to the beat of earsplittingly loud music. Today, however, the boys had driven to town for the weekend and mayhem had descended on the house. The reason for their arrival: Amy's showcase piece.

It's now March 10th, and the day of the showcase has arrived. Amy left earlier to get ready with Noah and the rest of the dancers, and I am left to deal with Haley's incessant chatter about play dates with Sam and the cacophony of noise coming from the direction of the boys' bedroom. They want to make a "good impression" when they go to see their little sister perform, but I personally think a drunk man could make a better impression than the rowdy crowd that is Amy's brothers. Anna tried her best to calm them down, but I don't think four football playing, testosterone filled boys can really be quieted down without a bulldozer.

So, here I am trying to get a nice outfit to wear while in an atmosphere where I can't even hear myself think. I finally decide on a cute, short, and red with white polka dots dress and white flats. I then rummage through my purses and find a nice white clutch to go with it and, after putting all my stuff in it and putting some makeup on, I make my hair into big and shiny red curls and I'm ready to go.

 I then rummage through my purses and find a nice white clutch to go with it and, after putting all my stuff in it and putting some makeup on, I make my hair into big and shiny red curls and I'm ready to go

Once everyone is outside and in their respective cars, we drive to school and go in to find a pathway of balloons that guide us to the auditorium. It's filled to the brim with a multitude of family and friends of the students participating, and it takes us quite a while to find a place to sit. However, just a few moments after I sit, my phone buzzes with a text from Amy.

Amy: Steph, we have a serious situation backstage! Can u come quickly?!

I frown in worry.

Steph: Sure, b right there

I tell Anna and Mike to save my seat, and leave to go backstage. A wispy, blonde girl opens the back entrance for me and directs me in the direction of a hyperventilating Amy with a smile, then leaves me to deal with her. Amy looks at me with distressed eyes.

"I don't know what to do! The group that took singing classes decided to get drunk last night and now they're all passed out in their houses. The girls from chorus can sing, but they only want to sing one song together and they refuse to do any solos since they're not prepared. The program says we have six dance groups and three singing numbers Steph! Right now, all we have are dancers! What do we do?" She asks, her dark eyes glistening with tears.

I ponder over her question as she buries head in her hands, then see Collin and Noah rushing over. Noah tries to soothe Amy, and Collin looks at me with excitement and just a hint of cautuin in his eyes.