Chapter 20

The stop at the Gravity Falls bank wasn't as troublesome as Dipper had expected. The people there were confused as to who Bill was and why he was in Gravity Falls with all this gold, but that was to be expected. The demon had a hunch that he'd have to do some work manipulating their memories that night. He didn't suspect that it would take too long, considering most of the townsfolk were very dumb. Compared to Bill, at least.

He was able to get his money on a card and some in cash to use at the store. Afterwards, Bill walked with Dipper into the clothing department of the mall. "We've arrived!"

"Why girls come here for fun I will never understand," the brunet commented flatly, shaking his head at the endless variety of clothing. There was everything from the flashy to the dull, the formal to the casual. Females stood laughing and talking by the entrance with large purses, their bored-to-death boyfriends pretending to enjoy themselves behind them. One cast Dipper a pleading glance for help as he passed. The boy took a deep breath. "Please make this quick."

"Well, well, well. Not a fan of shopping, now are you, Pine Tree?" Bill teased. Watching the Pines twins ever since they arrived in Gravity Falls came in handy at times. In fact, Bill had been expecting them for years. "Hmm . . . I'll get a good mix of both classy and casual!" The young man looked around, approaching a section with yellow garb.

"You wouldn't be a fan either if you had to come here with your sister twice a week," he smiled, trailing the other.

"Whatever you say, kid." Bill was more focused on what to buy. He found a plain yellow tee and a yellow jacket with black buttons. He picked those up and grabbed a few black tee shirts and a single long-sleeve. He grabbed dress pants, jeans, a leather jacket and found some leather gloves, all of those items being black. Bill didn't forget to grab a pack of what humans call "underwear". He didn't like undergarments; he thought they were useless. But he was sure that Dipper would want him to wear them. "To the dressing room, Pine Tree! I'm need to see how these fit!"

"Should I wait here?" Dipper asked when they got to the dressing rooms. He was surprisingly still awake, happy that Bill was decent in his selection time.

"If you want. Or . . . would you like to come in to see me in a little fashion show?" Bill smirked at him. "I'm winking under my eyepatch." The demon left without waiting for a reaction and took his clothes into the room, laughing.

Dipper's face set the definition of flustered. Whatever Bill was implying made his hormones go crazy. He sat down on a waiting bench. You're so evil.

Bill's laugh echoed in his head. Demon! Remember? he teased.

How could I forget? he said sarcastically, a hint of playfulness in the words. The boy looked around the store before lounging back in his seat, the blush slowly fading from his cheeks. Have you tried them on yet? They fit?

Yep! They fit very nicely. Bill then opened the door to the dressing room, stepping out so Dipper could view him from the bench. "Tada! See? They look great." He was outfitted with black dress pants, a white tee and a yellow jacket.

The battle to keep his dignity was lost the second he laid eyes on Bill. Even regular clothes looked perfect on him. "I can't even think to disagree," Dipper responded near breathlessly, sitting up straighter. "So . . . um, are you good with . . . with that?"

Bill nodded. "As long as it's in my colors and stylish, I'll wear it." He went back into the dressing room, changing back into the clothes that he took from Stan. Once he was done, he picked up the pile of new clothes walked out to meet Dipper. "That's it! Didn't take too long! Bet you're proud of me, huh, Pine Tree?" Bill spotted the line for the men's clothing section and went stood in it.