Chapter 52

~ well, we’re quickly coming to the end of the story, guys. I debated on whose point of view to do before I finally decided to settle on Holly’s. As many of you guessed, it’s her pack after all! ~

Chapter 52

Holly’s Pov

It didn’t take me long to realise why everything about this place seemed so familiar to me. It was the fact that it wasn’t new, and that I had in fact been here before that had the alarm bells ringing in my head as we grew nearer and nearer to the pack in need.

I felt sick.

I should have realised it sooner, but I recalled that Adrian had never told me the packs name, and the fact I hadn’t told him about the pack which had made growing up for me hell other than what they had done to me, meant that he probably didn’t have any idea either.

He was going to kill them all.

I didn’t doubt it. He was over protective of me, the majority of the pack having asked me at some time or another how I managed to put up with his behaviour as he seemed to push being protective to a whole other level. They didn’t seem to understand that to me it showed he cared, that both me and my wolf liked it since after years of neglect there wasn’t a single moment when I was with him that I believed myself to be anything but perfect for him.

I loved him.

I adored him.

He was my everything.

So why would it bother me if he seemed to want to be in my presence as much as possible? That he didn’t like me going anywhere alone or that he tried to dote on my every whim as if I was a princess?

I had never had anyone like that in my life before. It only enhanced how he seemed to be perfect for me, knowing exactly what I needed and when.

I was never sad because he was there to comfort me before even I knew I was upset.

It was nice.

I licked my lips nervously as I remembered more and more about the area we were driving through as I looked out of the window. It left me conflicted.

Should I or should I not tell him?

He would want to know, right? I almost laughed at myself, of course he did. He had given up asking but I could sense that there were times he wanted to do nothing more than get their name out of me and storm them into a war, effectively killing them all.

They were a vicious pack after all.

But did I want that? The answer was no, I didn’t want anyone to die on my name even if they had been incredibly cruel and manipulative when I was with them. Adrian had taught me that a pack was family, and yet my own brother who shared the same blood as me treated me as if I was nothing? A criminal who needed to be taught a lesson when I was nothing other than innocent!

I still questioned why the pack had turned on me like they did. Why did my brother treat me like he did? What was wrong with me? Was there even anything wrong with me? Adrian didn’t seem to think so.

“Urm…Adrian,” I managed to stutter out after deciding that I couldn’t not tell him. He trusted me; I wasn’t going to risk that for anything.

He must have sensed the slight tremor in my tone as in the next second he was pulling up on the curb, the rest of the pack behind slamming on the breaks as not to overtake.

Turning to face me he turned he engine off, giving me his undivided attention. “What is it, sweetheart?” he cupped my cheek. “Do you not feel well?”