[17]: AN OLD FRIEND

__
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN;
[ AN OLD FRIEND ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER SEVENTEEN;[ AN OLD FRIEND ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

     Athena felt her jaw drop, the constant thump of her beating heart seeming to come to a sharp stop when her eyes laid upon the person in front of her, but no matter how much her brain screamed, she still couldn't believe that was she was seeing was actually true.

"Lea?" she breathed out in response, feeling a shock come over her again when the brunette in front of her nodded and dropped the gun she held in her hand. Instinctively, Athena ran into her arms, throwing them around the girls neck and embracing her tightly with a dizzy mind state. "Holy shit." she muttered when she realized that, yes, this girl was alive and here. Athena felt laughter spill from the younger girls mouth when they pulled away and got a good look at each other, Athena's small body shaking in cold night.

"You look different." Lea mused, pushing dark brown hair out of Athena's face while she herself examined the other girls face.

"Must be the apocalypse." Athena replied shakily before Lea laughed and pulled her into yet another hug. The girl still smelt like a hint of soap oddly, reminding Athena of the old days when everything was okay. "I can't believe it."

"Sorry to interrupt, but who is she?" Glenn's voice rang out, speaking for the entire group as they watched the exchange oddly. Athena suddenly felt her cheeks turn red when Lea's soft face turned a bit pink. The girl slowly appeared beside Athena before she said with confidence and a small smirk,

"I'm Lea Mason, Athena's ex-girlfriend."

Athena watched as the group reacted in completely different ways than she would ever guess. Rick and Daryl immediately looked at each other with quirked brows, seeming suspicious about the new arrival. Carol, Maggie, and Lori on the other hand, sent Lea smiles from the news with slightly worried glances shed at Athena from the fact that they were exes. Glenn and Beth, simultaneously, made eye contact and folded their arms, unfamiliar looks on both of their faces as Athena sheepishly glanced at them. Hershel, on the other hand, walked over and shook the girls hand politely.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Lea. Though I have to ask, how did you find her?" he asked curiously, Rick slowly coming up behind as he did so.

Athena too wanted to know, glancing over at Lea to see that the girl held a strong stance while she answered the man. "Didn't know any of you when I saw you guys come here earlier, guess Athena didn't come into view. Anyways, I've been trying to figure out a way to clear out the walkers for a few weeks now, camping out by the river and all, but then you all came in and did it for me." she told them, slightly fiddling with her fingers. "Wanted to see if there was a way to join the group. It's just me and it has been for months now." she explained before her eyes locked with Athena's. "And she just so happened to be here."