[1.4]

Nona almost died of excitement the following Tuesday when I told her that Luke and I are officially dating."I knew it! But you didn't believe me!" she exclaims during lunch.

He started sitting with us and I couldn't be any happier with him. I'm literally so happy with him, I can't even be sad. I never felt like this back when I was with Micah. Luke makes me feel different...I just don't know how to explain it.

Now it's been a week since we started going out. I haven't told mum yet since I don't know how she would feel about me dating Luke; she would be cautious about me getting hurt again. Like I said, she's not a judgemental person; she thinks everyone is unique in their own way.

Luke thought it would be neat to take me out for ice cream. After taking that test in chemistry, I deserve some ice cold treats. I order a chocolate ice cream cone with some sprinkles, he orders the same thing as me.

I could sense people giving us strange looks because we are two totally different people, eating ice cream together. Or in other words, two guys that aren't accepted in society eating ice cream together.

"What are we going to do today, Hemmings?"I ask, then continue on licking the ice cream.

"Well," he start."we've only known each other for now, three months. I think it's time that we really get to know each other. See what they like to do during their free time."

"Oh! Um, we should start with you."

He finishes with the ice cream cone as I start following him to wherever he's taking me. The sun's rays were beaming down on his leather jacket, I never really noticed how attractive he looks wearing the leather jacket. I bite my lower lip as I continue on eating my ice cream.

Suddenly we appear in front of a run-down building, the sign has the 80s neon light in cursive with an electric guitar flashing,"Music Shop". All my years of living in this city, I never ran into this building. I'd never seen this building that was on this block, maybe I just never noticed it when mum was driving past it.

"You like listening to music during your free time?"I ask as he opens the door for me."Yeah, who wouldn't?"

The interior has one wall that's is exposed bricks, the rest is covered in maroon paint. The colour isn't really noticeable in here by how many posters of different bands plaster the wall, along with low lightings. Music was blaring from the speakers as I start scanning the neatly organised CDs that are in alphabetical order. Up against the wall placed types of vinyl from bands in the 70s through early 2000s.

I nearly squealed in delight when I saw vinyls of some of my favourite bands. A thing about me is that I collect vinyl and hang them up on one side of my walls—and yes, I do listen to them as well.

"What bands are you interested in?" he asks, his lips close to my ears so I could hear him.

"I know I don't look like I listen to these bands, but I do. Give me a band name and see if I listen to them or not."I challenge him.

"Okay," he smirks."Joy Division?"

"Yes."

"Jimi Hendrix?"

"Kinda."

"AC/DC?"

"Yes."

"blink-182?" he asks. I look at him in confusion,"Who's that?"I ask. I think that question killed him because he stared at me as he slowly grasps onto his chest, slowly start to fall onto the floor.

"You never heard of blink?!" he exclaim."How? Why?"

"I don't know,"I shrug."I never got around to them."

He grasps onto my wrist and drags me to the back of the store to where a radio sat. I could tell by the way it is that it's been used abundantly of times throughout the years. Some people in the past did some graffiti in sharpie on the radio, some on the wall. He searches through a stack of garage band CDs, after about two minutes he pulled out a CD.

"My all-time favourite blink CD." he displays it in his hands. It was a CD with the band's name on it, along with a red, yellow, and green circles on the far right. Inside the first one is an airplane, second is a pair of pants, the last one is a jacket."Take Off Your Pants and Jacket." he adds with a proud smile.

"But after listening to a song or two, you will like them. Trust me." then open the case and place the CD on the radio.

"This song is Anthem Part Two." he inform me as the song starts playing.

We stood in silence, this time just listening to the music Luke loves. I have to admit, this band is pretty awesome. They sound punk to me. After the song was over, I had to listen to more of them."What do you think?"

"I was pretty retarded not knowing who they were in the first place, they are fucking awesome!"

"I told you! You can't resist blink!" he happily exclaim.

After a while of being inside the music store, we head out and I followed Luke to wherever we're going next. A question had been nagging my brain for the past minute and I don't want to be rude about it.

"Aren't you hot wearing that jacket?"I finally ask him.

He look at me before responding,"No, I'm perfectly fine. I'm used to it anyways."

We walk past people as they are staring at Luke. Some in astonishment, others in a judgemental way."You know what? You're right, it is getting a little too warm." he states as he takes off the jacket.
I stare at his arms, how attractive he looks even more with all the tattoos and muscles. Just a week into dating, I still wonder why that angel chose someone like me to date.

"Hey watch out!" his voice jump me out of my thinking. I shake my head as I halt to a stop. Not far from my face was a metal pole, if Luke didn't stop me on time, I think I would've wake up with amnesia.

"Distracted?" he smirks at me as I blush.

Yes, since you are goddamn beautiful and I don't know why you like me. You are a work of art and I'm just a piece of garbage that you find at the bottom of the garbage can.

Sorry for a short yet crappy chapter! But I hope you enjoyed it! :--------)