Chapter 39 - [Beauty and the Wife]

I slept really well that night, but was woken up by the sounds of someone getting ready. I lifted myself up, eyes squinted and still sleepy as I looked around.

"Do I need to wakeup too?" I asked, still drunk with sleep.

Atem turned around, looking surprised that I was awake. "No," he said as he walked over to me. "You can go back to bed. I will send the maids to wake you up and get ready in a couple hours." He kissed my forehead when he reached me, making me smile.

"Kay," I simply said before collapsing onto the bed again.

Atem let out a short laugh before messing up my already messed up hair and walking off.

It took me a couple moments to fall back asleep, especially since I had no pillow now. Since that headrest looked totally uncomfortable, I had used Atem's chest as a pillow all night. Now I had nothing.

But nonetheless, I eventually fell back asleep, curled up in a ball on Atem's massive bed.

By the time a couple hours passed, I was completely knocked out. I didn't even hear the maids come into the room and I think they were shaking me for some time before my eyes actually opened.

"Wah–"

"Wake up, May!" Siti said as she continued to shake me.

"The Pharaoh gave us permission to shake you awake. He warned us that we might have difficulty waking you up," Kiki said, standing beside Siti. "We hope you don't mind."

I lifted myself up, shaking my head. "No, I don't–"

I cut myself off when Nauni started tugging on the blankets. I panicked, suddenly completely awake.

"Wait!"

Nauni hesitated. "What's wrong?"

I was naked.

And I know these girls had seen me naked before... but this was a different kind of naked. This was a kind of naked that meant the you know what happened the night before.

I felt my cheeks warm up, "how about I meet you girls outside?"

Aat laughed as the other girls looked at each other.

"We have no time for that!" Nauni said with a laugh as she tugged the covers completely off of me while I squealed in embarrassment.

Aat then handed me a robe. "Here!" she said. "There's no need to be embarrassed."

I bit my lip and held the robe in front of me before sighing and putting the robe on me.

They led me to the same bathroom that I was in the night before. I used the toilet, which was so weird. I'm pretty sure it'd be better to not share the details of that experience... though I had to admit to myself that I'd be using a very strange stone toilet like thing for a while now.

It felt odd not to actually properly brush my teeth. The maids gave me this strange mouthwash and that was about it. I mean, I felt fresh and all but something felt weird about not brushing my teeth in the morning with a toothbrush.

Immediately after that, I had expected to go straight to the relaxing bathtub.

But no.

They sat me down on a seat, still uncomfortably naked might I add, and began waxing away pretty much all my body hair.

I was not new to waxing but dear lord! They got me pretty much everywhere! Everywhere except my private areas... though I would have imagined that the private areas would have been the most important part.