➳ Thirty Seventh Night - pt. 2

Thirty seventh night:

Pt. 2

The boy took his leather jacket off and hung it on the wall by the hood. He approached her, his steps quiet against the tiled floor.

The employee had already left.

She studied his features, remembering him.

The times she turned him down when he offered his help. The time she pushed him away, literally, when she was mad at everything and everyone.

He looked so hurt.

Her gaze locked with his.

His eyes filled with emptiness.

Hiding his emotions.

"Goodmorning." He grinned at her as he sat on the stool beside her.

"I, uh," Lee stuttered and licked her lips. She felt guilty, she regretted everything she did to him.

Meeko let out a low chuckle. ❝Surprised are we?❞

"Yeah..."

There was silence, but not the uncomfortable kind that makes you want to rip your ears off. It was a very comfortable one, in which both just looked at each other, with dorky smiles plastered on their faces.

"Look," she started. "I'm very sorry, Meeko...I-I was ungrateful and disrespectful to you all those times..." she trailed off as he pressed his index finger on her lips.

❝Sh, it's okay.❞ He gave a smile.

Rolling her eyes, she pushed his finger away.

"Um, start over?"

❝Definitely.❞

"I'm Lee, an ordinary girl with a boring name, struggling with insomnia, and school like any other teen," she said with a small smile.

❝I'm Meeko, an oddball with a weird name, struggling with insomnia, and school like any other teen.❞ He smiled back.

As if on cue, the waitress came with their orders and placed them on the counter.

Lee buried her hand in her bag, fishing out a ten dollar bill, but he beat her to it.

❝I'll pay.❞

She gazed into his eyes, and there it was.

Happiness.