#33

"Tell me more about my dad. Has he still got that same hideous haircut?" I asked tilting my head slightly, teary-eyed from laughter.

"You know it."

We both giggled, I leant into Harry and he put his arm around me. Sitting on top of the roof was something my mother hated me doing but here I was, anyway. It was a flat roof, just high enough to see the skyline but low enough to ensure my safety. It was like a getaway of sorts.

"You know," Harry spoke up randomly after some minutes of comfortable silence, "-if I could have ever chosen to have a sister, it would definitely be you."

I sat up to face him properly. "And it's the same with me, I'm so glad it's you that's my brother."

"You should come to visit him, Willow I think he would be really happy to see you." Harry said gently, knowing my father was a sensitive topic for me.

I looked away, pondering this thought. "I'm not sure I'm ready, maybe one day." I replied, gazing over the rooftops of my street.

"Of course, whenever you're ready let me know," he paused, "-sister."

I chuckled. "Okay, brother."

"So you need to meet Hannah, who is your other half-sister." I said, grinning.

He gasped. "Holy shit, of course! Your sister is also mine."

I nodded, no happiness can compare to that of finding family. They may not have been in your life the whole way, but they were always in your heart and in your blood.

"Do you want to stay over? It's getting late." I smiled.

"Yup."

We climbed back through my window and I flung myself on my bed, Harry following suit. Both of us were so tired we fell asleep, there and then - fully clothed.

-

Simon.

She didn't return my calls, I considered going to her house anyway but decided against it. Things looked pretty intense between her and Harry when I left, perhaps they'd had an argument.

I took a shower instead, when did I last have one? God, I've become such a mess. Water was actually soothing, I found my thoughts wondering off to Willow. All I know is that it physically hurts looking at her, something shifts and then my heartbeat accelerates. If this is love, I like it just the way it is.

The natural blush colour on her cheeks is my favourite colour, the way she laughs like a four-year old. Her sleepy voice when she doesn't want to admit she's tired. It catches me off guard just how incredibly beautiful she is, every single intricate detail about her makes me wonder how I got the attention of someone like her.

She's the sun, as incredibly cliche as it sounds. She casts her rays of light and happiness upon the whole word, brightening up everyone's day and making sure their flowers grow. Contrasting, I am the moon. Burning with the light the sun lets me have, she's my source of happiness. I don't ever want to lose that.

I jumped out of the shower, pulling on some fresh clothes. The hoodie she really likes on me and spraying on some cologne because I love when she buries her head in my chest. Then I let myself out the house, I lived by myself now since both my parents had abandoned me when I was young.

It was oddly comforting being alone, I grew up fast and I made the rules. One of the reasons I didn't get on so well was the fucking rules. They tell you to express yourself in school and then set a list of things you can and cannot do. They say chase your dreams but only the ones that involve going to university. They encourage equality but segregate the boys and girls in physical education.