Chapter 2

Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter!

I was finally able to go home. I slowly made my way up to our bedroom and lied on my bed. The doctor told me to stay away from doing anything active and to eat healthy. We weren't able to bring Taeguk home yet, but this was perfect opportunity for me to set up her bedroom. Taehyung and I previously chose out her room colours and bought some clothes for her.

"Hyejin, I'm going to start cooking dinner. What do you want to eat?" he asked.

"Whatever. You choose." I replied.

I changed into some home clothes and went to Taeguk's room. We painted her room a few weeks ago so the paint fumes would subside by the time she came home. I started to organize her clothes in the dresser. After putting up some pictures, I decided to start building her crib. I read the instructions and started to slowly build it. I had to lift the wood back and forth and screw it in. It was hard work. I rested for a few minutes after building half of the crib.

"Hyejin, dinner's ready!" I heard Taehyung shout.

I made my way downstairs and sat on the chair. I wiped my sweat as he brought out rice and meat and vegetables.

"What were you doing? Didn't the doctor tell you to stay away from physical activity?" he said.

"Well someone had to build her crib. I figured you wouldn't have enough time to because of your work." I sighed, eating.

"Look, Hyejin. It's not because I don't want to, it's because we need enough money to buy things for Taeguk." he said, picking up his chopsticks.

I sighed and put my chopsticks down and looked at him.

"Do you not remember what you promised me? You said that you would be there. You said you would stop working when she was born." I said.

"I was going to stop working tomorrow, I was going to hand the company back to my dad." he replied.

"How do I know that will actually happen?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Trust me, Hyejin. What happened to our trust and love in our relationship?" he said, grabbing my hand.

"I'm just really worried that Taeguk won't have a dad there for her when she needs him the most." I sighed, squeezing his hand.

We finished eating dinner in silence, which was a good choice or else we would've started arguing like usual. These nine months have been rocky for us. Blame it on the hormones or whatever but I know what I'm talking about. Every night Taehyung came home, I wanted to spend some time with him. Cuddle, watch movies, eat, do what couples do. But he was always too tired for me or had projects to work on for the company. I started to get annoyed and brought it to his attention but he denied it and promised me that he would start making changes and spend more time with me. But that never happened. I always thought about the positive. He was bringing home enough money for our family.

"Hyejin? What are you thinking about?" he asked, screwing in the last screw.

"Hm? Oh nothing. Just wondering how Taeguk will be when she gets home." I answered, sitting against the wall.

Taehyung puts down the screwdriver and sat beside me, looking at Taeguk's new room.

"Don't worry. We'll be a happy family." he smiled, taking my hand into his.

I turned my head and looked at him. I could see him slowly changing, slowly becoming the Kim Taehyung I married. He looked over and stared into my eyes. We began to lean forward and our lips joined for a few seconds before it was cut off by the doorbell. Taehyung groaned and pulled away.

"Why? Every single time?" he groaned.

I got up with him and walked to the door. He opened the door and there stood his friends.

"Yah!! Kim Taehyung! Lee Hyejin!" they shouted. (Sorry for interrupting but it seems like you people don't get it. Women in Korea don't change their last names to match their husbands. Just saying. Have a good day. :l - authornim)

I smiled and hugged them as they made their way into our house. They brought all sorts of gifts for Taeguk.

"Well? Where is she?" Jimin asked excitedly, jumping up and down.

"Calm down Jimin, she's not coming home until tomorrow." I said, bringing out six glasses of water.

"Aww... I wanted to see her!" he whined.

"Me too!" J-Hope pouted.

I laughed at their immaturity and went inside the kitchen to bring out some snacks for them. As I prepared the snacks I heard the boys laughing and joking around. I walked to the door that led to the living room and leaned on the doorframe. A memory of all the boys gathered in a circle laughing and pushing each other around warmed my mind.

"Oh! Noona! What are you thinking about?" Jungkook's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Remember our high school days? When we were always happy and living carelessly?" I asked, walking back into the kitchen to grab the snacks.

"Yeah! Remember when they had the same lion stuffies?" Namjoon smiled.

"I bet they got one for Taeguk." Suga added.

The boys looked at us and we nodded sheepishly. They bursted out laughing, clapping and slapping.

"Oh! And when Hyejin started dating Seojun to get her mind off of Taehyung? Wasn't that hilarious?" J-Hope smiled, slapping his knee.

Everyone suddenly went quiet and I glared at J-Hope. Taehyung jumped onto him and wrapped his fingers around his throat.

"Never bring him up ever again." Taehyung said, raising his fist in the air as if he was going to punch Hobie.

"Ah! Ah! Ah! Mianhae!" J-Hope screamed, holding his hands up, stopping Taehyung from punching him.

"But yeah, that was pretty funny." Suga smiled.

We looked at him and Taehyung was about to pounce on him when Suga immediately apologized and bowed. Taehyung showed them Taeguk's room and gave them a little tour of our new house since we could afford to buy a bigger one.

As soon as the boys left, Taehyung and I crawled into bed, exhausted from the day's activities. This time, he could wrap his arms around me and hold me tight.

"Good night, Hyejin." he whispered in my ear.

"Good night, Taehyung." I whispered, smiling ever so slightly.

----------------------------------------------

A/N

Wahh! Jinjja! You guys! Thanks for reading my book! I never thought it was that good. I don't deserve these votes... I want to update one chapter everyday but it depends on my work load. I will try my best! And thank you for the comments too!

Please comment any suggestions! Thank you! Sarangheyo! ❤️❤️

I have come down with the stomach flu so I will be staying home from school... Which means more time to write!! :)

--A