|fourteen|

"Hey Finn!" Rika waves to the former stormtrooper.

"What's up, Rika?" He smiled back.

"Remember the other day when you said you wanted lightsaber training?" She grins.

Finn suddenly looked ashamed for a second. "I didn't mean it--"

She rolled her eyes. "Okay!" Rika held up her hand. "What's done is done, so's what's said. There's no use dwelling on it. Both of us had been wrong. Kay?" He nodded.

"But yeah, I decided it would help you to be able to know how to use a lightsaber. You could even help Rey -- if I'm not there..." Rika shook her head. "Whatever." She decided. "Do you want to train with a lightsaber or not?"

-----

Poe strode through the Hangar with a slow, confident walk. But he was still tired. He walked into the Cafeteria and something that smelt like olives and with shinning black hair shot into his arms, making him stumbling lightly. But he was much more focused than before. He wrapped an arm around Rika. "I missed you." She mumbled into his chest.

He laughed, "Finally willing to admit that you are irrevocable, inclined and irresistibly in love with me?"

Rika raised an eyebrow at him. "Quite the charmer, Commander Dameron," she purred, "Wanna add another adverb in there?" She cocked her head at him and he laughed.

"Alright, alright, love birds!" Jessica Pava shouted at them.

"Yeah," Snaps agreed. "I'm gonna hurl. You wanna make out? You go back to your tent."

"Psh," Rika rolled her eyes. "You're just jealous." She wrapped one of her arms around Poe's back and the two walked to the table.

Rika closed her eyes as she rested her head on Poe's chest when they sat down. Just after she fluttered her lashes shut, her lover grinned and pressed an affectionate kiss to her forehead.

-----

Rika woke up to an empty bed. "Poe?" She called out sleepily when she received no answer she frowned. He must've gone off to a mission, then. Why didn't he wake me up to say goodbye? She rolled her eyes. Now I really sound clingy. She washed the grogginess, pulled on her boots and walked out.

Weirdly, the base was strangely quiet. But Rika didn't worry, she could still feel their life forces. What are they up to now? She walked into a dark Cafeteria where most of the presences were crowded. "Leia?" She called out. "What's going on?"

Suddenly the lights turned out a chorus of voices screamed out in unison. "Surprise!" Rika stared into hundreds of faces with eager laughter on their face.

"Happy birthday, dear," Leia smiled.

"Oh, Leia." Rika choked out. "You didn't have to."

"Don't worry about it, honey. You deserved it, now I think that done one else wants to see you more." Leia smiled knowingly.

Rika spun around just in time to the love of her life walk in with a cake in his hands that clearly wrote Happy Birthday, Lil. In rushed and messy letters in typical Poe Dameron fashion. "Sorry, it's a bit rushed," He apologized as he set the cake down on one of the tables.

Rika eyes shined. "You magnificent man!" She cried as she flew into his arms in full force and pressed a hard kiss onto his mouth. The kiss lasted for a full minute until Poe finally pulled away, regretfully.

"Come on, eat the cake. We still have more things to show you." He says to her, pulling her towards the table.

"What things?" She pried, trying to get hints out of her lover.

"It's a surprise Lil, remember?" He smiles.

-----

"You didn't have to do this, you know." Rika mummers to Poe as they stood beside the lake.

"I did," He replied as she tangled her hand in his wavy hair. His own making its way to adjust the flower crown on her hair.

The last of the sun was disappearing over the cliffs. Rika couldn't remember a time she was happier than this; walking a crystal clear lake at her favorite time of the day with the love her life, just enjoying the moment with each other and away from the prying eyes of curious, somewhat annoying comrades. No worries other than what things to do tomorrow. No war, no First Order, no Sith, no Kylo Ren...

"You know Lil, I've been thinking," Poe says and pulled away to look her in the eyes.

"Uh oh, why do I feel like you're going to break up with me?" She joked.

"The years I've been with you were the happiest of my life. And those I have been away from you being the worst." He tucked a stray ebony strand of hair from her face, then held both her hands. "I'm in love with you Lil," He says softly, then dropped her hands and on his knees, producing a velvet box from his pocket. "Will you do the honor of became my wife?"

Rika raised a trembling hand to her lips. Her eyes filled up with tears. Her mind was having trouble processing his words. And she could tell, that with each second she stayed rooted in the spot, Poe grew more nervous. So finally, a single tear slipped down her cheek as she breathed "Yes!" And jumped in his arms when he barely stood up, sending the both tumbling through the grass by the lake.

"Leriana Dameron," Poe said with wonder. "I like the sound that."

Rika smiled, "It does have a nice ring to it." She pressed a kiss to his lips.

"It does," And then he brought their lips back together.

-----

"So I take he did tell you?" Leia asked when the two got back. Turns out, the entire base had stayed up until they returned to know whether she said yes or not. Leia got her answer when the woman she considered a daughter showed off the sparkle of a stone on her finger. Then Leia's expression turned serious. "But seriously, when am I going to get grandchildren Leriana?" She demanded.

Rika groaned, "Not this again, Leia!" The rest of the Resistance laughed heartily, but there was no one happier than Poe Dameron.

No one in the entire damn Galaxy.

They lay in Poe's tent (as it was closer) hours later, exhausted from the night. A feast in honor of their engagement followed as Han and Leia insisted along with rest of the base, it was filled with congratulations, pats on the back, and more demands of grandchildren.

Rika was basking in the warmth of her fianceé, she focused on the pounding of his heart in her ears and watched his the crystal on her ring shimmered in the dark. "What's wrong, Lil?" Poe asked, his voice rough with sleep.

"Oh, nothing... Just thinking." She replied back, turning around to face him.

He took her hands in his, stroking the finger where her ring was on. "Get a good sleep Lil," Poe mummers. "You'll need it." She sighed, then placed one hand on his chest and rest her head in her hand.

"I love you."

"I love me too."

"Cheeky bastard."

-----

ISN't ThIS CUTE OH MY GOD IT IS WRONG IM FANGIRLING OVER MY OWN FANFIC

THANK YOU FOR OVER 3K+ READS AND 200+ VOTES OJ MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING I NEVER EXPECTED THIS TO GET SO FAR

Anyways, this has been an amazing journey, and there will be only a few more chapters left in this book. The sequel (if you want one) will be of a completely different plot because the official story + plot of this trilogy has yet to come out and it just doesn't feel right to make up my own. But I might make a fanfic when epi viii comes out.

Go ahead and check out my new Ani fanfic.

QUEEN OF LOVE AND KISSES AND ENGAGEMENTS AND PERSISTENT GRANDCHILDREN WANTING GRANDMAS

-ALEXIS L.