CHAPTER SEVEN

Alex Pettyfer as Nick Black

Paisley Redmond P.O.V

After Kyle left dropping the biggest bomb on me, I ran back up to room and slammed the door, sliding down against the wall I closed my eyes and tried to process what had happened in the past couple of minutes.
How did the morning that started on such a cheerful note take such a drastic turn in a matter of mere second?

Why was I still married to him?

Why did he not file the papers?

Does he really love me?

Would he take my children away from me?

Was this another one of his games to ruin me?

As soon as these questions started to haunt me, I could feel my eyes water. Was that capable of anything apart from making me cry?
The only fear I ever held since that fateful night 4 years ago was Kyle knowing about the existence of my kids and taking them away from me, to think it could now be a possibility makes feel like I'm drowning into a devastating well of great despair awaiting me with open arms.

Taking a deep breath I gathered the courage to face my fears. These are my kids, they gave me hope that everything will be alright the only reason for me to live, I'll be damned if I let Kyle Redmond take these precious gems away.

Crying is not an option! I'll prove to him, that I am not that naive trusting woman anymore, and after that he'll be out if my life forever.

There are some hard questions that lie a head of Kyle  and he will answer them.

If he fights, I will fight back with all I've got and there will be only winner at the end, ME.

If he thinks I'm still the same old trusting and forgiving woman, he's mistaken. There is nothing more he can do to cause me any harm, I might have been weak all those years back but now I've got my kids, my strength, after all they are mine all that I have and this time there is no backing down .

I heard a knock on my door. Quickly composing myself wiping away the few tears that had escaped, I cleared my throat and shouted "Come in!"

Luke came inside with an unreadable emotion reflecting in his eyes.

"You know you don't have to act all strong infront of me, right?" He asked sitting beside me.

"I don't have to act strong, Luke. I am strong! Seeing him after so long might have shaken me up a bit, but I won't let his presence affect me." I replied as my heart hammered inside my chest.

"I know, Paisley! Do you really think I don't know about all the questions running wild in your head, and the fact that you first wiped your tears cleared you throat and then asked me to come in? I know you more than you know yourself, Paisley Smith. I know you are strong. Seeing him again hasn't shaken you up, it has scared you. Scared you that now when he knows about Noah and Ryder, what will he do? Correct me if I am wrong!" Luke said startling me.

"Wow! You really do know me more than I know myself, Luke." I said giving him a surprised look.

"Now you are trying to change the topic, Paisley." He said in a bored tone.

"Then what should I do, huh? Be all happy and smiling knowing that he could take my kids away from me at any point!" I snapped agitated.

"Kyle Redmond, can never take your boys away from you. I will never let him do that. Come on! We all here are lawyers, we will go and fight him if needed." Luke assured.