Chapter 11

Hermione and Ginny were sitting down by the lake waiting on Harry. He was getting help from Hermione with his potions homework, and their was a test coming up in DADA that he definitely wasn't prepared for.

Ginny was just along to make sure that Hermione didn't kill Harry during the process of studying, because things tended to get a bit loud whenever they studied together.

Then again they'd always studied with Ron as well, so maybe that was why.

"I wonder what they're going to do for our end of the year celebration." said Ginny, twirling a piece of her fiery red hair around her finger.

Hermione shrugged, "Who knows?"

She wasn't really all that interested in what they were doing for the end of the year anyway. She had too many decisions to make about her life to really care about the end of school.

"Earth to Mione," said Ginny, waving her hand in front of Hermione's face.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" she asked with a chuckle.

Ginny rolled her eyes, "I asked you if you figured out what you were going to do after you graduate. I mean are you going to accept Jonathan's offer to work at Baker & McKenzie?"

Hermione sighed, "I have no idea."

"I think it'd be exciting to go to New York."

"Well-"

"Who's going to New York?"

They both looked up and found Draco, Blaise, and Theo standing there.

"Hermione is-"

"Maybe." interrupted Hermione, "Maybe I'm going."

"Oh?" asked Draco, sitting down on the grass next to her, while Blaise and Theo sat opposite each other.

"Yeah, it's so cool. Her dad's friend Jonathan offered her a job in New York at this really powerful law firm called Baker & McKenzie." said Ginny, looking between the three boys.

"Damn Granger, already headed off to bigger and better things once you're done here." chuckled Blaise.

"Are you sure you really want to leave here?" asked Theo, looking to Draco to try and gauge his reaction.

Hermione shrugged uncomfortably, internally cursing Ginny for opening her mouth, "I don't know, honestly. I mean there's pro's and con's to everything."

Draco stayed silent, focusing his gaze out to the lake instead. He couldn't pretend to be happy about her leaving him, and he knew it was selfish, because it was a great job opportunity for her, but he couldn't help it.

Theo, Blaise, and Ginny were talking amongst each other, but Hermione leaned over and placed her hand over Draco's and asked, "Can we go take a walk?"

His silver eyes studied her face for a moment, before he nodded and stood up, offering her his hand. She took it and told Ginny that she wouldn't be gone long.

"If Harry gets here just tell him to start without me."

Ginny nodded and continued her conversation with the boys.

When Hermione and Draco were far enough away from the group, Hermione spoke up.

"I'm sorry."

Draco raised an eyebrow, "For what?"

"Not telling you that I was considering going to the States." she said, looking away from his intense gaze.

He shrugged, trying to act like it didn't bother him, "It wasn't really any of my business. I mean it's not like I told you what I was doing."