Chapter 37: A Promise

Saturday, September 26th

The past 2 days seemed to be a healing time for (Y/n) and found herself spending more occasions with the group of males for comfort, and they seemed more than happy to have the girl alongside them. She continued to visit them ever since her house felt lonely, and simply reminicent of her troubles so even on Saturday she was invited to the large home.

The girl had decided on helping her science partner in the job of clean up his room as a means of distracting herself, and Bako was ecstatic over having her join him. "Bako, where do you want me to put this box again?" The boy looked at her direction and nodded towards three large wardrobes across the room.

"Put them in there. Thanks." The female nodded and walked towards the large closets while the male was distracted with sorting out his drawers. (Y/n) carefully balanced the box and as she approached, she realised she wasn't sure which closet the box would be placed. The female didn't want to disturb the busy boy so she decided to go at random and chose the centred wardrobe. (Y/n) reached out and took the handle, nearly tipping the box over and was required to use her leg as leverage. She took hold of the little nob and just as she began to pull at it, a loud bang resonated as the nob was torn from her grip and the closet door shoved to a close, making the entire frame rattle with the force. This left the girl stunned for a moment at what occured and carefully turned to her side to see the boy was inches away from her, with his hand still tightly pushing against the clothes-cupboard. He had a distressed expression and breathed heavily at the close call.

The two stood in place for what seemed like an eternity until the muscles in the cobalt haired student's body visually relaxed once he was sure his partner would not make a move on opennin it. He turned his head to see the stupefied girl staring at him for the strange scene he made. He quickly pulled back and took the box off the girl's hands. "S-sorry, I have some private stuff in there. I'll take over from here, thank you for your help (Y/n), you can go now." The female showed clear hesitation at the request and was about to ask what the whole ordeal was about when she heard her name being called from downstairs. "They need you, I'll sort it out. Bye" Bako practicaly pushed the girl out of the door and shut it behind her, forcing the female to stay out. The male leaned against the frame and sighed with relief at the near discovery of his secret. "That was too close."

(Y/n) ran to the landing on the stairs and realised it was Ryo who had called her down. "(Y/n), could you be an angel and bring down my pencil case from my room, I'm making a bet with Kaito." (Y/n) could hear the other male making a snarky comment on the boy's words, so she rolled her eyes with amusement and walked over to the blond's own room.

The whole space seemed unnaturally quiet without the presence of the other boys and even her footsteps seemed to make the slightest of sounds. The girl calmly walked towards the boy's sack and began searching through to find the the specified belonging. "Damn it Ryo, it's like you have Mary Poppins' bag." She rummaged through the black hole that was the teenager's belongings until she finally spotted the object she was looking for. After smiling successfully at her findings, she prepared to close up the sack until she noticed a dark object at the very bottom of it. A frown appeared on her features and decided to risk reaching down to check on the article, to have her breath hich at the discovery. Her eyes widened as she scanned the device that was much too similar to her lost phone.

(Y/n) switched on the mobile and swiped over the screen to be opened up to her messages. "What the hell...?" Her whisper was directed to the number of communications she had sent to Kenzan, many of them inclining on her supposed wrongdoing. Confusion spread through her, baffled at what this was supposed to mean. She went through each text, shocked at what each meant, as realisation slowly began to dawn on her. The consideration of Ryo sending these seemed almost alien but the evidence was leading up to a completely different conclusion.