Chapter 3

I rolled over, expecting Taehyung to be there but he wasn't. I sighed and got up, heading to the washroom. A little piece of paper was folded up and placed on the counter.

"I went into work to resign. I'll be home soon! Saranghe jagi" - Tae

I smiled and set it down. I brushed my teeth and dressed in some casual clothes. He should be home soon, resigning doesn't take that long. I decided to cook him a nice meal for when he comes home. I walked downstairs and looked in the fridge. He loves japchae so I pulled out some vegetables and chicken. I turned on some music as I prepared the dish. It took me half an hour to prepare the whole thing. I set the dish in the middle of our small dining table and put out chopsticks. I sat down and watched the clock slowly turn. The japchae was getting colder and colder. It was already 3 in the afternoon and I was getting hungry. I put some noodles in my bowl and put in the microwave, heating it up.

By the time I finished eating and cleaning up, it was time for me to get Taeguk from the hospital. I got into my car and drove to the hospital, alone.

I went up to the floor where Taeguk was.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up my baby, Kim Taeguk." I told the nurse.

"Oh, yes. Please follow me." she smiled.

I followed the nurse to a room where a bunch of babies were held in containers. She went inside and carried Taeguk out. She was kicking her little arms and feet around. I smiled and took her into my arms.

"Taeguk, let's go home." I smiled, wrapping her tightly in her blanket.

Taehyung should be home by now. I put Taeguk in her car seat and drove home. When I pulled up to the driveway, the lights were still off. I carried her in and turned on the lights, expecting Taehyung's shoes to be on the shoe rack but it wasn't there. The noodles sat there, cold in the same place. I sighed and placed Taeguk in her crib.

I sat on the chair beside her crib.

"Taeguk-ah, did your dad get held up in a meeting again?" I sighed, stroking her soft head.

She kicked around a little bit and squirmed. I smiled and heard the door open.

I walked out and walked down the stairs. I took out the note from my back pocket and held it up in front of his face.

"Resigning today? What time is it right now?" I shouted.

"I tried resigning but my dad made me finish the project. I still have to go in for a few more days." he sighed, hanging up his jacket.

"Trust, love, responsibility, where is it? I trusted you, Taehyung! I thought you were responsible enough to make sure you resigned and left!" I yelled, throwing the note on the floor.

"It's not my fault that my dad made me stay behind!" he shouted back.

I shook my head and opened my mouth to speak but a high pitched cry interrupted me. I sighed and headed up the stairs with Taehyung behind me. I walked into Taeguk's room and saw her crying. I picked her up and lightly patted her back, whispering soothing words in her ear.

"Let me hold her." Taehyung spoke up.

I gave him Taeguk and she immediately stopped crying.

"That's right. It's appa. I'm sorry I wasn't there when you came out, Taeguk." he whispered, playing with her fingers.

I walked out the room and walked down to the kitchen. I grabbed the bowl of noodles and was about to throw it into the garbage when a hand grabbed mine. I looked up and saw Taehyung standing there.