Saving the Lost

Chapter 35: Saving the Lost

 This chapter is dedicated to Fanta!

Will’s P.O.V

Seeing Kitty change into Mia was less of a shock then I thought it would be. As her features morphed into Mia’s, I thought about how obvious it had been that they had been the heartbreakers. Now, whenever I look at Dixon I focus on his eyes, which then brought me back to the day that I had seen his eyes in the mirror. Kitty was saying something, but I had no clue what it was, and I didn’t care either.

Not feeling any good emotions had been great at first, because it meant that the heartache Lena had caused me had disappeared, but now I just felt sad, and angry, and other depressing emotions, which just annoyed me. Kitty stopped talking and looked at me expectantly as if I was supposed to answer her.

“I didn’t listen to one single word you just said.” I said in a bored voice.

Kitty opened her mouth to retort, but Dixon shut her up with a glare. I should really learn how to glare like that if it meant Kitty would shut up.

“Don’t worry about it,” Dixon said, “I bet you’re feeling down right now, because of all the negative emotions. Aren’t you?”

I nodded reluctantly.

“Well, I have a solution for that. Forget about all the other emotions, and just focus on anger and hate.” Dixon suggested. “It will give you the will to get even with those elders and their stupid rules.”

I tried to do what he told me, and surprisingly it came easily to me. But I didn’t focus on the Elders to find the hate and anger in me. Instead I focused on Lena. If she hadn’t been alive, I would still be living my oblivious life, thinking that love is something amazing and pure. Now, I am a heartbreaker, because she had to tell me she loved me, and fuck up my life.

Dixon looked at me, and nodded his head in approval. “I can almost see the hate and anger simmer of you.” He commented with a smirk.

I didn’t reply.

“Dixon.” Kitty whined. “Can we show more of our powers to Will?”

I had never noticed before how annoying, and whiny she was. She definitely was a good actress if she could keep that hidden.

Dixon also frowned at her high-pitched voice, but nodded. “Okay. Bear in mind Will that not all heartbreakers have exactly the same powers. I for example am not able to morph into other people, but I can spy on people by dislocating my eyes.”

“I once saw your eyes in my mirror.” I said.

“Yeah, I know. I actually wanted you to see me, so that you would start getting paranoid. I’ve watched you a dozen times already, and you never noticed it. I just visualize who I want to see by thinking about how much I hate them, and then my eyes appear there. I can only see them though, which can sometimes cause problems. Try it. It’s a pretty common power to all heartbreakers.”

I did as he instructed me to, and as soon as I closed my eyes Lena’s face popped up along with all my hate for her. When I opened my eyes again I was in my dads car, looking at Kim and Lena talking about something.

My first thought was, “what the hell are they doing with my dad’s car? He would flip if he found out.” But I then focused on Lena and Kim. They were probably talking about me, so I tried to focus on reading their lips. Lena said something that looked oddly like, “My best test is that Kissy took being by polar to a whole nude level.” Hmm… that couldn’t be right. At least I know I suck at lip-reading. I looked at them for a bit longer, but except for some worried, and shocked expressions, I had no idea what they were talking about. At one point Lena mentioned CIA detectives, but I probably misread again, cause that didn’t make sense.