Chapter 69: As I Lay Dying

"What the hell do you mean that Damon's dying?" Holly echoed to Stefan the next morning. Elena had dragged her and Jeremy to see a live screening of Gone with the Wind, when Stefan had dragged her out of there. "How? When?"

"When he was trying to get Tyler out before the sacrifice Tyler accidently bit him," he explained. "I locked him in the cellar to make sure that he doesn't do anything stupid, but we're running out of time."

"There must be a cure, something," Holly said desperately. "We can't let him die, Stefan."

"I know Holly, we won't," Stefan said. "I think I know someone that can help us."

"How do you even know if this is going to work?" Bonnie asked them. She was standing in the middle of an old abandoned house.

"Please try, Bonnie," Holly begged. "Maybe Emily or someone knows."

"Fine, but I don't promise anything," she closed her eyes and started chanting. Her eyes opened again. "I am Emily what do you want Stefan, Holly?"

"We need to know if there's a cure to save Damon's life." Holly asked.

"No," Bonnie/Emily responded. "There is a balance to everything."

"Or are you just saying no because it's Damon?" Stefan accused. "Please if you know something, tell me."

"I will not give you what you want," she responded before Bonnie began crying out in pain. "They don't want me here, they think that I'm abusing their power, but I did hear them say a name."

"What was it?"

"Klaus."

"Are you sure that you shouldn't be with Damon?" Stefan asked Holly as they walked up the stairs to Alaric's apartment. "I can handle Klaus by myself Holly."

"And get all weepy on him beforehand, no thanks. I asked Elena to take care of him." Holly said. "Besides if you're going to make a deal with Klaus I want in Damon may be your brother, but he's my boyfriend and who knows maybe he'll take pity on me like last time." She knocked on the door and Katherine answered it obviously frustrated.

"Klaus, you got visitors."

"Please let them in, Katerina," she opened the door wider and Holly saw Elijah and Klaus. "Well, you two just have a death wish or something."

"I need your help," Stefan said through gritted teeth. "For my brother."

"Well, you see I have an obligation to my brother, that requires my immediate attention," he left the room.

Elijah faced them. "You two have every right to be upset with me, but you understand family and Klaus has promised me to reunite me with my own."

"And so I shall." Klaus said as he stabbed a dagger inside Elijah's chest as he fell to the floor quivering. Klaus pressed Stefan against the wall. "Now what am I going to do with you?"

Holly gripped him by the arm trying to pull him back, but Klaus pinned her down to the floor. "I wouldn't do that sweetheart, you're no match for me and I would hate to tear up that pretty face."

"The witches said that you had a cure," Stefan gasped. "Gives us the cure to save Damon's life and we'll give you whatever you want."

Klaus cocked his head. "Trouble is, I don't think you have anything I want, you're useless and Holly is barely a baby vampire." He paused. "I did hear about this one crazy bloke on and off the wagon for decades, killed an entire village, a true ripper sound familiar."

It took Holly a minute to realize that he was talking about Stefan.

"I haven't been that way for a long time."