epilogue

Ashton's POV

Luke was in the shop again today, he still hadn't found a better job in the months that I had known him, which was kind of sad for him but at least he hadn't lost it so he could still help out his brother. Their family were kind enough to let me stay with them, which was great for more than the reason of having somewhere to stay; I got to stay with my boyfriend.

Sure, Luke was teased about sharing a room with his boyfriend but Jack was supportive and cared Luke just like he normally would, he was good to me too so I wasn't going to complain.

Deciding to go see Luke, I left his house and walked over to his shop, he was looking down at his phone when I arrived so he didn't see me come in. Picking up some food, I walked up to the till and waited for Luke to look up.

Once he did, his whole face lit up and he leaned over to kiss me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked, still smiling.

"Just came to see you and see if I could get some free crisps from you?" I asked, more jokingly, and Luke just laughed at me.

"Can you ever stop stealing?" He asked.

"Hmm, I don't think so, I'm just so good at it you know?" I continued to joke and Luke just laughed once again.

"I guess you are, I mean, you stole my heart right?" Luke said, he tried keeping a straight face but he couldn't and ended up laughing again at his cheesy joke.

"That was bad, that was really bad." I laughed with him and he just grinned at me before leaning in to kiss me once again. He lingered for a moment as our eyes met, Luke smiled again and I matched his before kissing him again.

"What really bought you here?" Luke asked when he pulled away.

"I got bored at yours and I don't like not having you around, I'm a bit dependent on you as sad as that sounds." I admitted and Luke smiled sadly before pulling me so that I was on the same side of the counter as him, my hands dropped to his waist whilst his moved up to around my neck.

Smiling at me, Luke bit his lip and I resisted the urge to kiss him in favour of asking, "When is your break or when does your shift finish?"

"Why are you asking?" Luke's eyebrows raised.

"Well, I was thinking that we could go on a date? You know, I take you out to cute little restaurant and then we go get some drinks somewhere before heading home and potentially getting down to it. I know your brother isn't home tonight." I smirked and Luke bit his lip again before smiling widely.

"I finish in two hours, can you wait until then?"

"I'm sure I could, kisses will do for now." I said and leaned in to kiss Luke again.

"You are so cringey."

"Ah, but you love it." I laughed and Luke smiled before pulling away from me.

Biting his lip yet again, he seemed to think something over before walking back closer to me. I was about to ask him what was wrong but he blurted out,

"I love you."

Taking a moment to respond, Luke seemed to take that as a bad sign and he began panicking, thinking that I wasn't going to say it back.

"Oh god, did I say it too soon? Oh my god, I'm sorry, I don't want to make this weird, I just thought it was a good time and I-" Luke started to ramble but I stopped him when I took hold of his face between my hands.

"Luke, calm down." I smiled and he looked at me, still looking really nervous.

"I just don't want to mess this up." He said and I couldn't help but think it was cute, the fact he was so nervous at telling me he loved me really showed how much this meant to him and that was adorable to him. No one had ever shown this much interest in me and love from him had been the only love I'd received for a long time and so I loved it.

"You won't because I love you too."

Smiling widely, Luke leaned in so we could share another kiss, this was the most we'd shared in such a short space of time but I wasn't going to complain.

Who knew something so good could come out of being a thief?

-----------

So this is the end, sorry it sucks but I thought I'd try out a new writing type of the short story, I'm not good at it but I persevered and have finished a short story book. That I can be happy with, the book I am not.

However, I'm happy some of you read this and liked this, thank you for that. Please do let me know what you think of this and check out my other books x