E P I L O G U E

EPILOGUE

Sehun's POV

Red. I used to like that color. That was the color of Paige's shirt when she first moved to the mansion. Red was the color of the bedsheets and curtains in her bedroom. Red was the color of the hair clip she uses whenever we attend night class. Red was the shade of her lipstick during the first and only time I saw her wearing makeup, she really looked beautiful that night and it's a good thing that I was able to tell her.

I started to like the color red that time.

Paige's face turns really red whenever she's embarrassed. Just like those times whenever she ends up kissing me because of her demon form.

I didn't like the idea of her becoming a demon at first but I had second thoughts when I saw how beautiful her glowing red eyes looked. The natural color of her eyes are black, they were dark, innocent and mysterious. Her red eyes were a lot different, they were playful and mischievous a complete opposite of what Paige is.... But they're still beautiful, nonetheless.

Sometimes I don't like red.

I don't like red whenever I see it reflected in uncle's eyes. Ever since I was a kid, he always had that ominous aura surrounding him. I also don't like red because it reminded me of the last dress mother wore before she died.

There are times when I hate red.

There's only one explanation for this. Blood. I've seen blood way too many times already. I remember coming to my senses and realizing that I had killed animals when I was still a kid. I remember seeing all that blood when I killed Paige's friends. I remember all that blood when father was stabbed by Lucas. I remember those droplets of blood that fell when Baekhyun blocked that knife with his hand to protect me. Lastly, I remember seeing all that blood when a silver knife was plunged towards Paige's chest.

Now I just don't like seeing the color red because it reminds me of that moment. That moment that I want to forget. That moment when I failed to protect her again.

"Hey Sehun,"

I was snapped back to reality when I heard Baekhyun's voice.

"We're here," he said.

Chanyeol parked the van and we all climbed down. I looked at the familiar area then I heaved a deep sigh.

I don't like cemeteries either.

"Did you bring the flowers?" Suho asked.

"Here," Chen said as he waved the bouquet of red roses. "Do you think she'd love them?"

Everyone just replied with a small smile before we entered the memorial park.

It was silent, there were also a few people who happened to visit today as well. It was also windy, it's very peaceful.

Everyone else was walking ahead of me while I was just trailing behind. My hands were in the pockets of my jacket and my eyes were focused on the ground. This place is too depressing.

"Ah, we're here." Luhan said after minutes of walking.

Lay scooted down and brushed the dust and leaves that were covering the headstone.

"We haven't visited for so long, sorry" Lay said as he gently blew onto the granite to remove the remaining dust.

Chen placed the bouquet right beside the headstone. She's probably smiling at us right now.

It's been five months since uncle was finally out of our lives. Five months since that accident.

Five months without Paige.