two

i scoff, turning around to face the annoying figure that stands before me.

"i don't have time for you, gilinsky."

"you always have time for me, ex gilinsky." he smirks.

i fight the urge to roll my eyes, "don't you have anything else better to do?"

"to be quite frank, no i do not."

"i'm sure you do. annoying your ex wife should be the last on your list." i turn back to face clara. "clara, you remember jack."

"how could i forget? had my best friends heartbroken for months." she snaps, eyeing jack.

"good to see you too, clara trinity." he smiles, trying to annoy her.

a blonde boy approaches both jack and me. i squint my eyes at the guy, trying to find out who that is. he looks familiar, but seems unrecognizable.

"well, if it isn't jack and octavia! the power couple." he smiles, oblivious to everything that's happened four years ago.

i thought that got around to everyone for goodness sake. it was even in some magazine issues!

"johnson..." jack mutters under his breath and my eyes widen.

"j!" i exclaim, flinging my arms around his neck and pulling him into a hug.

"how are you? the last time i saw you was like your wedding day and then the last i heard that you and jack got divorced due to some accusation."

"it wasn't some fucking accusation. you slept with my wife." jack seethes.

"ex wife now, i suppose, but you're wrong. i've never slept with her. i saw her like once a month and you were there at all times. how could we ever squeeze in a quickie?" johnson jokes, clearly irritating jack.

"you slept with her, i know you did." jack counties to accuse.

"he doesn't have his facts straight." i tell johnson and he chuckles, shaking his head.

"and because of that, he lost an amazing woman." j smiles in response.

"you both need to stop lying."

"and you need to stop believing things that aren't factual." i reply, in a collected manner.

"forget about him." johnson says. "how's life?"

"good." i smile.

"go anywhere out of the country?" he continues the conversation.

"i did." i nod, my smile growing bigger because he actually wants a genuine conversation. "i went to paris with my boyfriend for our one year anniversary."

his eyebrows raise in surprise, "boyfriend?"

"yes, he's here somewhere." i laugh, taking a glance around the crowd.

"i want to meet him."

jack clears his throat, "you are aware that i'm still here."

someone comes up to johnson, distracting him for a moment. jack eyes me cautiously.

"how can you talk to him like you two didn't sleep with each other?"

"because we didn't. god, you're so annoying with your accusations. if i had confirmation that you were here, i wouldn't have showed up. i should've know that you'd be on my tail all night."

"you don't mean that." jack says.

"i do mean that. it's been four years and i get it okay? we're divorced and i don't need to reminding me every second of tonight. i just want to have a good time and not worry about my ex husband being everywhere i look." i get out all in one breath.