seventeen

"that's disgusting and unsanitary, sam." johnson points out, making me laugh.

"what's unsanitary is you picking around in your salad." he replies, making johnson obtain a puzzled expression.

after a while of not understanding the joke, sam gives up on explaining and takes the foam tray from johnson, eating the salad that is held in a plastic bowl.

"there is a party this weekend." sam informs us all, but johnson doesn't look surprised.

"where?" jack asks, leaning back on his chair while slinging an arm around my shoulders.

i continue to eat my food, listening to the information that's about to come.

"at our place." sam grins, ruffling up johnson's hair.

"woohoo!" johnson sarcastically cheers. "more walking stds i have to worry about this weekend."

"we will be there." jack smiles, pulling me closer to him.

"stop." i groan, trying to sit up straight again. "i'm eating. stop bothering me."

"she's grumpy every monday." jack whispers to them.

i elbow his ribs and he jumps in his seat, clutching his side. thankfully, he remains quiet, just rubbing his side in shock from my outburst.

"are you going to drink that?" sam asks me, pointing to my frappucino.

"damn, are you on your period?" johnson asks him.

he glares, "i don't like paying for my own food."

i smile, sliding my beverage across the table. everyone's eyes follow it like it's something so foreign.

sam winks at me, "you're the best."

*

"can i ask you why you walked me all the way to class?" i raise an eyebrow at jack.

sam and johnson immediately dispersed after lunch, but jack insisted on walking me to my next class. maybe it's some relationship token? the boy walks the girl to her classes like in those cliche movies.

"showing that professor of yours who you belong to." he grunts, following behind me.

"damien?"

"yes, that guy. just call him your professor. don't get all first name basis."

i smile at his protectiveness, "okay. i'll see you back at the apartment. don't get into trouble."

i kiss him on the lips, completely aware that there are students passing by. that doesn't matter. jack's a big fan of pda.

"i'll try not to." he mumbles against my lips.

he grins, grabbing the zipper of my hoodie quickly, zipping it up all of the way, not caring it he captured some of my hair in it. he tugs, making it pull.

"ow!" i exclaim.

he chuckles and then pulls me into, what feels like his embrace. jack squeezes me tightly, still laughing.

"you're so cute."

"you pulled some of my hair off, you dick." i push him off of me. "do you want me bald?"