An Apology and a Sucker Punch.

                     "How much longer until she wakes up?" I hear Tony ask.

              I closed my eyes and pretended to still be sleeping, glad that I was facing a blank wall instead of them. I wondered where I was, but by the texture of this hard bed, I'm going to guess none other than S.H.I.E.L.D's infirmary. What happened?

              "Soon. All the tests that I've ran have all come back negative, so there's nothing wrong with her. She's exhausted herself to an extreme when she was being controlled, so that must be why she passed out right when his control left her." Bruce explained. I heard him shuffling nearby me, and tightly shut my eyes, a bad habit that I tend to do when 'pretending' to sleep, when in reality, it blows your cover. Bruce didn't seem to notice.

              "She's going to have a cow when she finds out where Loki is." Tony commented, in a sing-song voice. I fought the urge to turn around, knowing that it'd give my wake state away. Where is Loki?

             Bruce sighed. "Well, then let her have the whole barn. I don't care. He's not to be trusted."

             "That bastard may have done horrible things, but he did save Eryn." Tony pointed out, and shortly after added, "Just saying."

          "Are you siding with the man who killed hundreds of people, used your tower, and destroyed Manhattan, to which you personally paid out of your pocket to reconstruct?" Bruce demanded in disbelief.

              "No, absolutely not, but I don't think holding him captive like we did a year ago is a good way to go either. He escaped from it twice, what makes you think he won't escape from it again?"

           "Well, do you have any better option?"

         I groaned, giving myself away to them, and turned around. I sat up and glanced at them. Bruce was a few feet away from me, turning towards me as soon as he heard me. Tony lay on one of the empty beds, propping himself on the pillows as he messed around with a high tech device in his hand. His gaze turned to me. "Oh, look! You're awake."

          "Are you okay? Does anything hurt? Do you feel weird?" Bruce said, asking one question after another. I tuned him out right after the third question, just sitting there quietly waiting for him to stop.

         "Say something!" He groaned, frustrated.

         "Something," I muttered, crossing my arms against my chest. The events from last night suddenly pooled into my head, reminding me in vivid detail of what went down. Although for being mind-controlled at that time, I was very aware of everything. I tensed up, remembering the last thing I said before passing out. I told him I loved him. I shook my head, pushing that aside for now. Maybe, he hadn’t heard me…

            "Where's Jared?" I asked, dangling my legs and trying to keep my tone of voice as nonchalantly as I could. When in reality, I was angry and upset with him. Bruce and Tony both saw right through my innocent tone.