Haunted

Ronni's POV:

It's now January 2016, and I continue to hold the secret. Nothing can erase it! We've performed at all of the football games, and I'm thinking that would get my mind off of it, but it hasn't. I've even messed up a few stands because of it.

" Baby boy, it's time to wake up. " Paris said, walking towards me with breakfast.

" Noo, what is this? " I smiled as I sat up. He handed me the plate and my glass of orange juice.

" I cooked you some breakfast. " he sat on the bed, giving me a kiss. " I made sure to not burn down the kitchen. "

I laughed as he walked into the bathroom. I ate my food, and started to get ready for school. He walked me to my first class, dropping me off.

" What's going on today? " he asked me.

" Well, I have practice today, and I know you do, too. First game is Thursday. "

" You damn right. " he smiled again.

He gave me a hug, and kissed me once again before I entered the class. I walked to my seat, sitting down and taking out my materials, copying the notes on the board. I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. Not an aggressive tap, but the one when you want information. I turned around and there stood Megan.

" Yes ma'am? " I asked, continuing to take my notes.

" Have you seen Devin? " she asked in a concerned manner.

" No ma'am, I haven't talked to him since we broke up. Is everything okay? " I looked at her.

" I don't think so. Since that night, he's disappeared. He hasn't been coming to class and he hasn't been answering his phone. "

" Well, I get out of class at twelve, so I will check to see if I can find him. " I said and she nodded.

" Thank you. "

" You're welcome. "

Classes went by pretty fast today, and in no time, it was twelve. I met back at the dorm to let Paris know that I was leaving. He was big mad, but I had other concerns right now. No matter what happened to Devin and I, I'll always be there for him.

As I got into the car, something told me to call his mother.

Hello?

Hey Mrs. Shaniece, is Devin there?

Hey my baby, and yes he is! I sighed in relief.

What happened?

He's all depressed and shit! He told me everything that happened, and it's his fault.

I guess you can say that. Can you put him on the phone, please?

Yes baby, I sure can. Devin, bring your ass down here! she yelled, making me laugh. Here.

Hello?

Yo', what's gotten into you?

I don't even want to talk about it.

Well you have no fucking choice, what's going on?

I'm dropping out. I don't have a reason to even be there. The best thing that ever happened to me is gone now.

And it's because of you! Devin, you can't just give up like that, you have to learn from your mistakes. It's not like I was gonna' stop being friends with you, it was just over as a relationship.

I can't just be friends with you, Ronni.

Why not?

Ronni, you are all that I have ever thought about, and all that I think about. You are more than special to me, you are a part of me.

Then why'd you do what you did?

Ron, I don't even know. I lost sight of what was everlasting, getting caught in the temporary.

I hear you, and I forgive you, but right now we can't be together. I'm kinda' in a relationship.

With Paris, I bet.

How'd you know?

He chuckled. My boys told me to watch out for him, I guess they were right. He better treat you right, or there will be a problem.

I guess, Devin.

Thank you for checking on me. Another reason why I fell in love with you.

Devin, just shut up and bring your ass back to school.

I chuckled. Alright, I will.

Aaliyah's POV:

Watching Ronni in practice today, he seemed to be in a better head space. He was talking, laughing, basically back to normal.

" Okay, what the hell happened? " Danielle asked. " You're struggling for months, and now you're okay? "

" A bitch just went through some things, I'm good now. " he smiled.

" Alright, if my bitch happy, I'm happy. " Danielle added.

" Agreed. " I replied.