27. Physical Activity (CALM)

Calum:
You wouldn't call yourself lazy, just selectively active. Why would you waste time and energy doing something you didn't want to? Sports were fruitless, it was all so arbitrary, and not worth the energy. You felt like a dog chasing a ball around when you played. They were simply not entertaining. Calum didn't see it like you did unfortunately. This fundamental disagreement led to conflict when he wanted you to 'get up and go outside' or 'stop being a lazy bump on a log'.

"Y/N! We're going out to play a game of football, wanna join?" Calum asked walking into the room, flanked by Ashton and Luke. There he was at it again, trying to make you participate.

"No, I'm good." You replied. Sure the toucan documentary was dry, but not nearly boring enough to make you want to engage in that boring game.

"Why not it's beautiful outside!" Ashton chuckled, opening a window so that you could feel the cool breeze.

"Why did humans spend so much time perfecting climate controlled rooms if the outside is so great?" You huffed, flipping over on the couch to look at the three boys.

"She's just scared that we'll beat her." Luke rolled his eyes. It was a good attempt really, insulting your pride to try and rouse up a reaction, but Luke didn't understand you had no shame.

"I guess." You shrugged turning back towards the TV.

"Y/N, it wasn't a question, just a polite order." Calum said gently, clearly ready to force you out of your nest.

"Really? Could've fooled me." You said sassily, not taking your eyes off the brightly lit screen.

"I'm not joking. Get up!" He snapped, and you didn't appreciate that tone.

"No." You frowned, blatantly ignoring him.

Ashton inhaled sharply and elbowed Luke, "Smell that?"

"Ahhhhh yes, teenage rebellion, I would recognize it anywhere." He smiled nostalgically.

"I wouldn't know from where Lucas, you're the biggest Mommas boy I know." You giggled.

"That's it." Calum growled and you jumped up before he could grab you.

"NO!" You shrieked running down the hallway as all three boys chased you. It only took a few seconds before you were all out of hallway and cornered on three sides. The only way out was to go through the front door and confront whatever horrors may await you beyond the walls of the house. While you were weighing your options of taking your chances running past them or sprinting out the door, they were slowly converging on you, and when your brother lunged towards you, your choice became crystal clear. Turning on your heels you sprinted out the door and onto the lawn.

"YOU WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!"

You could hear them catching up behind you, so you made a hard turn, looking for cover. You slowed down to a walk and jumped into the shrubbery to avoid detection. You couldn't hear them, and you were about to look up when a hand clamped around your mouth and dragged you back down.

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO GET US CAUGHT?" Michael whisper-yelled. So that was where he was this whole time, smart. You shook your head no, and he let go of your face.

"We need a plan." You whispered edging back up for some reconnaissance.

"To Hell with that. I'm taking a nap, and if you get me caught, I will end you." He said menacingly, before slinking back down to the ground and scurrying under one of the trees.

"THANKS A LOT CLIFFORD!" You yelled on accident. Right away you heard the boys zeroing in on the noise. You and Michael dropped down to the ground and began ferociously crawling through the underbrush.