A Nerd To Love and Hold: For Me_no_baka

A Nerd To Love And Hold

For Me_no_baka

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 13

*****************

"Hey, nerdy! Get over here!" Jerome called. He was the jock in your middle school.

Eyes wide at your nickname, nerdy, you ran.

"Hey, nerdy! Get back over here!" he called. You didn't slow down, just kept running.

To Hiccup. To Hiccup. You just had to make it to Hiccup. He would stop them, and the jocks wouldn't dare hurt Mr. Popular.

You turned the corner to find the group of popular kids heading home together. They all lived in the rich neighborhood except Hiccup, who lived next door to you. Hiccup got in the popular crowd through his looks.

"Hiccup!" you shouted. "Hiccup! Hic-!" A hand covered your mouth but it was too late.

Hiccup, who heard you calling him, turned his head and shouted, "Hey!" as he marched towards you and Jerome. "Let her go!"

"Why don't you just ditch that nerd already, Hiccup?" one of the popular girls asked him.

He barely even turned his head to look at her. "Because she's my friend. Now, Jerome, let (Y/ N) go."

You were released and shoved into Hiccup. "Thanks, Hic."

"No problem, (N/N)."

"Watch your back, nerdy. One of these days, Hiccup won't be here to save you."

"Watch your back, Jerome. One rumor from me and your football career and your life is over," threatened Hiccup.

Jerome paused to think of something but couldn't, so he just stuck with huffing and walking away angrily.

"Thank you, Hiccup," you thanked again.

"It's no problem, (N/N)," he smiled, kindly, ruffling up the top of your hair.

"Coming, Hiccup?" asked Astrid, the only popular girl who understood why Hiccup stood by you. "You can come, too, (N/N)." She was also considered one of your few friends. She was the popular girl who was friends with everybody.

"Want to?" Hiccup asked you.

"Go where?"

"The mall," answered Astrid.

"No, thanks. I don't have any money," you declined politely.

"I'll pay for you, don't worry," offered Astrid.

"I couldn't let you do that, and, besides, I have to study. I have a math test next week."

"You can study tomorrow. Come on," laughed Hiccup, pulling you by your wrist.

Astrid, whose parents were famous and rich, took y'all in her limousine and bought you a dozen outfits. Only two of which you'd probably ever wear again.

"Astrid, this is the one hundredth outfit you've made me try on," you complained.

"Forty- second," corrected Hiccup. "But who's counting?"

You and Astrid laughed. "Apparently you," she replied. She turned to you. "Come on, last outfit."

She said the same thing for the following four outfits.

"Okay, okay, this is the last outfit I'll make you try on. I promise."

"Fine," you agreed, and went back into the dressing room.