Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Right, right?!"

Kanina pa ako pabalik balik dito sa condo ni Aya. That's right, she got herself a condo. Aya's now one of the promising designers in the field of fashion. Nag intern pa siya sa Mommy ko noon and now she's working for her!

"Stop right there, Alys. Nahihilo ako," she said and then motioned me to sit on the bean bag next to her. "So, you're telling me that Drake's hit on you?"

I nodded. D-amn that man! Ikakasal na siya pero nakuha niya pa akong halikan? What a jerk! Kawawa naman si Miss Stinson. 

Umayos ng upo si Aya tapos nagpatuloy siya sa paglalagay ng French tip sa nails niya. "Maybe he's still into you."

"But he was the one who left me, remember?"

God, Aya is the sole person on earth na nakakaalam ng lahat ng pinagdaanan ko nung iniwan ako ni Drake. I would bug her every single day para tanungin kung ano meron kay Drake, kamusta kay Drake. But I guess time really does heal everything. I went on like that for three freaking months! On the fourth month, I guess I just started accepting the fact that he gave up on me. And it says a lot.

"Maybe seeing you again brought back the old flame?"

I rolled my eyes. "Old flame my a-ss, Aya. I'm with Tripp, and I'm happy with him."

She raised her hands in protest. "Hey, not saying anything, Besh. Ang sakin lang naman, maybe he still thinks na you're his. You know? What you guys had was pretty great."

I gave her a smile for that. What we had sure was pretty great. Pag naaalala ko, napapangiti na lang ako, but pag naaalala ko yung pang iiwan niya sa akin, I cringe. But as it really is, what we had was a thing of the past. Move on, look forward.

"Yeah, it was pretty great. But hey, kamusta kayo ni Kent? Still not talking, huh?"

Kumuha ako ng beer sa fridge ni Aya. No, she still does not drink. All college life niya, si Kent ang kasama niya and I tell you, Kent is like the ideal son-in-law to every mother! He does not drink, he studies hard, and once he commits, he commits. Ang resulta? Isang matinong Aya. I cannot even beg her to go to a club. She's all too Miss Goody-Two-Shoe.

She shook her head. "Come on, Besh. Three months pa lang kaming break ni Kent. It's too soon to talk."

I shrugged. "Nothing's too soon, Aya. The longer you don't talk to a person, mas lalaki yung chance na makalimutan mo how it feels to be with them. And seriously, once you forgot what it feels like, the moving on process is just a piece of cake."

She wiggled her eyebrow. "Real talk na ba, Besh?"

"What? No! Stop with your segue na. What I've been meaning to tell you, kung mahal mo pa si Kent, which you still obviously do, go talk to him. Don't wait for some random s-kank to snag him away from you."

Biglang tumawa ng tumawa si Aya. Did I say something wrong?

"Why are you laughing?"

Umiling iling pa siya habang tumatawa. "Wala, Besh. Hindi lang ako sanay na may accent ka. Para lang akong nanonood ng Harry Potter ngayon."

I rolled my eyes again. Seriously, big deal masyado? Pati si Mommy at Daddy, kinukulit ako sa accent ko. Sorry naman!

I jumped on her couch and made myself comfortable. "So, ano na nga? You would go talk to him na?"

She gave me a half smile. "Maybe. I'll think about it. Masyado pa ding fresh sa utak ko yung pinag awayan namin, e."

Shrugging my shoulders, I got my phone from my pocket. Nagtext pala si Miss Stinson, and it turned out, she's Cristine Stinson, and her father is Tito Steve's business partner.