Task One Entries: 13-24

Chrysanthemum Paterson

DID NOT HAND IN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander Gallus

The gentle breeze kisses my skin as I slowly walk through the city with Zeus, my dog. I observe the people and the surroundings. Zeus barks for my attention constantly, though I am mesmerised by the city. A walk is truly so inspiring, especially after a hard-hitting workout.

As we walk through the park, I notice all the little things I miss when I just run through as quickly as possible in the mornings. I see the gleeful children soaring through the air on projected swings, elatedly shrieking as they slide down the slides. I see the other joggers, bobbing their head to their music as they run. I notice the wind rippling through the leaves, making them sing in delight. I see everything, I feel everything. This is my escape.

I sit on a bench, watching the sun erupt into a thousand of dazzling colours. Beams of reds, yellows and purples lighting up the city in a performance of colours. Quickly, the sun falls and I am surrounded by a veil of darkness. With that comes a wave of anxiety, darkness always brings me this feeling of unsettlement. Even Zeus notices my significant change in mood, he sniffles at my legs and nudges them. I'd normally pick him up and give him a cuddle if I were in a better mood, not today.

With one more glance at all the gleeful children, the infatuated couples, I run away. I can't take it anymore. How I wish I could be like them, like I don't have a care in the world. Yet no, all I feel is this containment, this suffocation. Panic crashes onto me like waves to a stone cliff, forcefully and rapidly. All I can do is run. I pick Zeus up, hugging him to my chest as I rest for a moment. The wind takes my burning hot tears with it, leaving me even more vulnerable. As if those tears were the last things I could hold on to.

Running...

I can't care less where I go, all I can do is run. As if I need to shed away this layer of fakeness. I can basically feel the people staring at me like I'm a madman...

Legs pumping, heart racing...

Slowly, I feel the tides of panic calming. At the same time, my eyes see home. My safe-haven where I can hide from reality. Leaning against the front wall of my small house, I quickly regain my breath. Zeus seems jubilant knowing I feel better. He's running around my feet in circles, yipping happily.

As I enter the warmth I call home, the panic fully leaves my body. Just as the tide recedes when the moon rises. Home is my moonlight. Seeing Damien watching a show on our bed solidifies my calmness. With a press on the glass door, it recognises my fingerprint and slides open. I leap onto him, covering his face with kisses, hugging him tightly. His touch feels just as electric as it did the first time. His lips feel like heaven on my skin. He's good, and I never want to let him go.

I stare at his mesmerising green eyes, but I can see the worry etched on his face.

"What's wrong babe?" he asks me worriedly, "You're not normally this clingy."

"Oh! So it's a bad thing huh?" I smirk down at him, taking in his handsome face. With that, I leap off of him.

He pulls me right back down to his chest, "No baby, who said that?" he replies, "Really though, you know you can trust me with anything right?" His eyes sparkle with passion, making me want to kiss him again.

I sigh, "Well, I almost had another panic attack..."

"Oh baby,' he says sadly, kissing my head as is hold on me tightens, "Tomorrow is the big day, are you sure you want to go? You can always not show up, then I can take care of you."