40

Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life

White Blank Page - Mumford & Sons

HARRY

It's her bright brown eyes that sucker me in. All she needs to do is pout her lips and glance up at me with her promising stare and I'm at her mercy. I loathed the powers she holds over me, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything else. I'm whipped for her. There was no denying that.

Yet it was in this moment that I wished I was as strong as I was in the beginning of our relationship. When I was able to express an ounce of dominance and stand my ground. Maybe it's love, maybe I'm just a sucker, but I'd do anything for Isabella Maxwell.

It's this inability to say no, I have been suckered into a night out with Benton. A night of "brother bonding", as Jaz put it. I fucking hated to admit it, but I would have much rather stayed home with Izzy and babysit Maddie. But of course, she insisted that I spend some quality time with my brother whilst she spent time with Jaz and Mads.

Our relationship has gotten better over the course of the year, but that doesn't mean I want to spend some one on one catch up time with him.

"It's going to be fine," promised Isabella. Her lips were twitched up in a smile as she patted down the collar of my dress shirt. "You'll go out for some drinks, do whatever its that guys do... it'll be fine. Relax, okay?"

It was also the promise of making it up to me later that night that sent me out the door without a snarl.

The bar wasn't as quiet as I had hoped. But considering it was a Friday night, I wasn't too surprised.

We managed to find a booth near the back of the bar. Quiet enough so that we could talk, but still loud enough that there wouldn't be any awkward silences. I sat on one side of the sleek black cushion. Ben sat on the other side. A glass of whiskey sat between my fingers; the cold remnants of the melting ice cooled down my warm skin. The feeling is comforting... familiar. Ben kept his stare down on his rum and coke, his brows furrowed in thought. I sat across from him, feeling awkward as he sat in front of me quietly.

Silence loomed over us, but the music of the bar and the chatter of other patrons was still loud around us. I glanced around the room, looking at the people who busied the place. I caught sight of a blonde who seemed much too familiar.

When she turned around, I caught a look at her face and realized who she was. Hanna David. She caught my stare and looked at me. She studied my face before she smiled in recognition. She said something to her friend who turned around to face me. She smirked before nodding and pushed Hanna in our direction.

I turned my head quickly. Ben caught a glimpse at my stoic posture and raised a brow questioning. I shook my head.

"Well if it isn't Harry Styles," her feminine voice broke the silence, the moment she reached our table. I reluctantly looked up from my glass.