Chapter 21: So, she came up with an idea.

Blayze

I flipped to the next page, my eyes scanning through the details but not a word was being assimilated. I didn't look. I showed no reaction but I could feel it... her presence, lingering behind me. Soon, her breathing echoed through my right ear. Her closeness bothered me very much but I had no intention of letting her know that.

"I don't quite understand the graph but it looks like things are not going very well." She pointed out.

A hand on my shoulder "Take heart."

I looked up, letting the papers lie on the table and calmly pushed her hand off my shoulder then swiveled the chair to her focus.

"Why are you here?" I queried, unable to bear her presence anymore.

"Already? Less than thirty minutes and you're giving in?" Her question sounded more like mocking. She folded her arms across her chest, an amusing expression played across her face.

"You really don't like being touched, do you?"

I rolled my eyes away from her.

"Alright. I want to get away from your presence as well so I'll make this quick." Her words made me return my gaze to her.

She let out a sigh as she unfolded her arms.

"I want to work, no... I need to work. Like I said, I love my job and I want to continue..."

"I don't have the keys."

There was a slight furrow between her brows for a moment.

"What do you mean by that? You bought the building, didn't you?"

"Yes, but I sold it off. I didn't have any use for it."

"You what!?" Her voice heightened.

I took a look at the time on my wristwatch. I need to leave so I got up on my feet, making my way past her but she was quick to take hold of my arm. Instantly, I looked her side, meeting her spiteful filled eyes.

"Take responsibility for what you've done." She declared and though I knew not exactly what she meant by that, I couldn't forget her hand on my arm. The third time in a day she's laying a hand on me.

In a frustrating sigh, I forced her hand off my arm.

"Lay a hand on me one more time and you'll regret ever crossing my path."

"Find me a work space." Her immediate statement disregarded the one I just made. Her disrespect for me was starting to get on my nerves.

"Mia and I worked hard to afford that building but you sold it off without worry and that's why it's your responsibility to get us a new space."

"I won't because you're not going to work." I stated and continued on my path past her.

"What?" She heightened her voice once more and only when she stood in my path did I realize she ran to catch up with me.

"I told you Blayze Norman, I'm not going to be a housewife." She restated and though our eyes met for a while, I looked away, walking past her and towards the door.

Suddenly, just as I opened the door and took my first step out, I felt a hand slid onto my arm and I stopped. A look to my side and I met her eyes. Her smile simple and yet something mischievous about the expression on her face.

"I'm going to stick to you like glue until you change your mind." She commented as she leaned closer, her head nearly resting on my shoulder.

I shrugged a bit but her grip only tightened.

"You best play along unless you want your employees to wonder why you're being a bit unloving to your wife." Her sharp words came through regardless of the smile that she wore on her face.

For the moment, all I could do was stare back, a bit surprised at her audacity and she stared back with the same superficial smile and love in her eyes.

In a silent sigh, I looked away from her.

How annoying.