Chapter 14 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Fourteen ~ ~

Frowning as I stared at my own reflection in the bathroom mirror, I reached up and poked the skin under my eye which was a shade darker than the rest of my body – though the rest of my body seems to be a little paler than normal too.

Maybe I’m finally coming down with something from living out in the wild for so long?

“Eva, are you up-,” Emily’s voice cut off as she walked into my room, I turned to face her through the open bathroom door to see what had shushed her up and she was staring at me with slightly wide eyes. “Wow, you look horrible,” she mumbled softly.

Smirking slightly as I rolled my eyes, “Geez thanks Em. I would say the same about you, but my niece or nephew actually suits you.”

“Oh, I’m sorry Eva, I didn’t mean it like that – it’s just, you don’t look too healthy,” she gushed as she closed my bedroom door behind her quickly and made her way across the room.

Once she was within reaching distance, I bent over with my hands on my knees and faced her belly, “Hey little dude or dudette,” I grinned. I was still so excited over the fact that I was going to be an Aunty, “Our family is growing Em,” I looked up at her and she smiled broadly.

“You need to go find him,” she still kept that insanely big smile on her face but I could see worry in her eyes.

Standing up as my grin disappeared, I shook my head roughly, “Heck no, you didn’t hear the way he spoke to me.”

“And you don’t see the way he loves you – he would have had some ulterior motive for saying what he did,” Emily quickly pleaded, begging me with her eyes to listen to her point but I wouldn’t.

Shaking my head roughly once more as I turned my back on her, “Eva Thorn does not go running back to little boys,” I muttered while folding my arms over my chest and walking back into my bathroom.

“You two belong together though,” Emily whispered and her voice cracked a little which caused me to groan loudly.

“Water works won’t work on me,” I grunted as I peeked back in her direction to see her bottom lip quivering and tears building up in her eyes while she held her little bump softly with both hands.

“What if they are on the female carrying your niece or nephew?”

Groaning loudly again, I flicked off my bathroom light and walked back into my room, “No.”

“B-but I’m pregnant!” Emily cried loudly, throwing her arms up in the air as she decided to take a different approach, “You have to listen to me.”

“And pigs can fly,” I half snorted while scrunching my face up – geez, who knew pregnant chicks had such split personalities?

“I’ll make a darn pig fly if that’s what it takes,” Emily threatened but even with her tone trying to intimidate me, she just looked so precious and harmless.

A small smile cracked in the corner of my lips as I walked back towards her, picking my bag up on the way, “You’re just too cute Em,” I cooed while pinching her cheek gently. Emily was quick to swat my hand away though, giving me daggers.

She suddenly smiled, “Just like how you’re too cute when you’re with Saxon,” she cooed back at me, causing a frown to appear on my face.

“Eww, Saxon is not cute,” I scrunched my face up once again. He’s arrogant, a jerk, self loving, hot headed, stubborn but he is definitely not cute. “I’m off now Em, see you later."