Chapter 1

{Emily's POV}

I just moved to Gotham City 2 days ago. My dad got a new job at Wayne Enterprise and my mum started working at a hospital as a nurse. My dad and Bruce Wayne have known each other since they were kids, but when Bruce's parents died they lost all contact. We moved into an old apartment, at first the walls were all chipped and there was a lot of old furniture left but now it's all cleaned up and looking nicely. We were eating and my dad turned over to me.

"Look Emily, I know it isn't much but it'll have to do. When I sign my contract with Wayne Enterprises we'll move to a much better house." He said.

"No, it's okay. I've got my own room and that's all I needed." I said back smiling.

"Good." He said back. After dinner I went to my room and started packing out some more. Two hours later I finally finished packing and looked at my room with proud. I took out my sketch book since I haven't drawn in a while and sat at my desk thinking of something to draw.

"Come on isn't there one thing I can think of?!" I said to myself. I look out my window to see the fire staircase. I smirked and climbed the stairs to go on the roof thinking that maybe I could get some inspiration. I looked at the beautiful city and suddenly saw a bat sort of symbol in the sky. It seemed so simple so I thought I'd give it a try. I drew it and it came exactly how I wanted it to come out. I held it up and gave it one more good look.

"Wow, looks just like the bat symbol." I heard behind me. I turned around and saw a man in a black suit and a domino mask looking at my drawing. I was about to scream, but he put his hand over my mouth.

"Sorry if I scared ya." He said laughing and releasing his hand. I took a good look at him and suddenly heard a kids voice behind me.

"Is there something wrong with Nightwing?" I heard him say. I turned around to see a kid in black pants with a green domino mask, yellow and black cape with a hood on it, green boots and green gloves and finally a red vest with a R symbol on it. I was about to scream again, but the man who I recon his name is Nightwing held his hand against my mouth, again. I calmed down and he released his hand.

"Stop covering my mouth with your hand!" I yell at him.

"Then stop screaming every time you see us!" He said back while laughing.

"Then stop sneaking up behind me!" I said back.

"Ooh what do you have to say to that Gr- I mean Nightwing!" The kid said laughing.

"Touché." Nightwing said.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Nightwing and this little boy here is Robin." Nightwing said while ruffling Robin's hair.

"Knock it off before I'll knock you out!" Robin said very threatening. Nightwing just laughed.

"Good one." I said to Robin.

"Thank you at least someone appreciates my comments." He said while looking at Nightwing.

"You still haven't told us your name." Nightwing said.

"I'm Emily Anderson, But you can just call me Emily." I said handing out my hand. Nightwing gladly shook it and so did Robin.

"Well Emily we'll see you around but first we have do some crime fighting." Nightwing said.

"W-Wait! You fight crime together!? I thought only Batman did that." I said very curious.

"Polite, yes. Smart, not so much" Robin said.

"Hey, I am smart!" I said with a sassy tone back.

"Uhm come on Nightwing, Robin, domino masks, weapons. Any bells ringing?" Nightwing said. He then pulled out two escrima sticks and Robin pulled out a sword and 2 Bat-a-rangs.