Like Shattered Glass.

A VERY LONG CHAPTER. 4000+ WORDS.

×

Why am I so alone?
I didn't expect an answer.

'You're a killer,' A voice sneered.

'I thought you already knew that?' I quipped.

'You really are heartless,' Another voice commented, faking bravery.

'Of course,' I unsheathed my sword, 'I am Death's emissary after all.'

'Do you ever feel guilty about killing people?' Yet another voice asked, trying to coax me out of killing them.

'People like you?' I laughed. 'Not one bit.' Warm blood splashed on my cheek.

Different voices, different people Different words but the same result. I kill them.

Maybe that's why. . .

You weren't a killer when your parents died, you weren't a killer then. Don said quietly.

'I killed them, I killed them all.' I whispered.

'Anyone I care about ends up dying.'

'Sai is dead because of me, my parents are dead because of me, let's face the facts, even Richard's parents are dead because of me.'

You don't know that. Don retorted.

'I know enough!' I screamed. 'I know enough.' I repeated to myself.

'Why can't someone just kill me already, kill me and end it all!'

You don't mean that. Don said with a hurt tone.

'I've killed so many people, I can't look at my hands without seeing them stained with blood, their blood, that's why I wear gloves.'

I know.

'If you know, then why are you acting as if you don't understand.'

I understand, it's just, it's just been a week since you've been here, and your mood has only plummeted, if at all taken a turn for the worst when you met, Carla, Vonny, and that Speedster, so... Well, um-

'Spit it out Don.' I coughed into my sleeve.

Maybe you should leave, you being here is not helping anyone, it's especially not helping you.

'But—'

Break the promise, I don't want to see you die, your... Your my best fwiend. He sniffled.

'You're a figment of my imagination.' I reminded him.

I know that, so if you die then I die too, and I don't have a fairy godmother to resurrect me.

'I...' I gritted my teeth. 'I can't leave, not. . . not like this.'

So you're just going to stay here and forcefully suppress your memories.

Blood spilled out the corner of my mouth, trickling down my chin as I swallowed a mouthful of the crimson, life giving liquid, having gotten used to the coppery taste a long time ago.

You're killing yourself the longer you do this.

'What do you want me to do, uh? Let my memories run wild?'

Yes.

I groaned.

Listen to what I have to say, for once Shadow. He sighed. Your mind is crumbling under the strain of your memories, so let it crumble. You don't want to remember and neither do I, but what you're doing is more harm than good. You are fighting pressure with more pressure, and it's affecting you, negatively. You have enough problems, and if this continues you'll die from blood loss.