23. Hear Me Roar

With my knees pulled into my chest and my laptop in front of me, I did my best to try and find any errors within my log. It is soon to be published and it must be perfect. I have editors but I think my eyes are better so I'm going to look about one thousand more times before sending this out for publishing. Nicolette and Jace are gossiping in the kitchen over a tuna salad I made earlier. My phone buzzed and I lifted it up.

Uh, so since Nicolette is here does that mean we can't do the dirty in the parking lot of the church in the back of a truck? :(

I laughed, shaking my head. Ever since Justin and I hung out with all of his other architect friends and they shared stories about the wildest places they've had sex, he won't stop bringing them up as if we are actually going to do them.

Justin, for the last time... We aren't going to do any of these things. But I'll meet you at the movies ;)

Ohhhhhhhhh Kase ;) What are you going to do to me at the movies?

I'm going to make you feel allllllll niceeeeeeeeeeeeee

You're my dream girl. I don't deserve you.

Of course not. Lol but you have me.

Very funny. But happy five months, baby :*

Wow, has it really been that long? That's crazy. I smiled, melting. It's been a wonderful five months. He makes me so happy.

Aw, happy five months to you too, babe. I think it's cute that you keep count.

I'm rolling my eyes but you can't see. Someone has to keep count. I am going into work. Slip into my room tonight though, I want to hold you.

Okay, baby. Work hard.

I put my phone down and stared intently at my log on the computer screen. I'm making so much money off of this log it is ridiculous. So many sponsors are interested. Commercials have been made with all these lame and cheesy slogans, yet I don't care about any of that. All I care about is that people eat the food and see results. I'm considering moving out so I don't have to hide from Jace anymore. I really need to think about telling her before Justin and I are together for a whole year. I laughed. She'd throw a fit if we were together for a year and she never knew.

I talk to my sister almost every week and my parents are so elated that I'm focused and happily in love. They never stop talking about it. They've told every single family member that I have. All of them are just so happy about it and it's weird. Family, can't understand them.

Fortunately this is Nicolette's last two visiting days because I'm so tired of her talking about the dogs she's training. It is really starting to grate my nerves. Supposedly she knows German and she wholeheartedly claims that it is a better language to train dogs in. Why that is even important I don't know, but if I hear her say sitz one more damn time I'm going to rip my ears off.

"Kasey, we are going to a neighborly dinner function. Charlotte even agreed to come along with us. You don't have to work tonight...right?" Jace asked, her red hair piled high in a sloppy up do.

Nicolette twirled her recently dyed blue hair in her hands, narrowing her eyes at me. I gazed back at her, unflinching. "I mean if you have to work, it's really not that big a deal."

Jace elbowed her and then looked back to me, smiling. "You have to come."

Yes, because spending time with Jace, Nicolette, and Charlotte is almost like a dream. I'm just dying to hang out with them all at the same time. Much emphasis on the dying part. "We'll see, I'll get back to you on it."