5 Cliché Scenes

5 CLICHÉ SCENES
aka. 5 Scenes in Every Teen Fiction Story that Don't Make Sense
Beware, this is quite rant-ish.

1) 'This song is my jam.' 'OMG ME TOO.'

Most commonly found in Love/Hate stories. The MC and her dazzling future Prince Charming are, for whatever reason, in a car together. Alone. To break the awkward silence, one of them puts music on. Shockingly, the song that comes on is one both the MC and PC [Prince Charming] adore. MC and PC share a moment, which causes the MC to forget that she hates PC, only to remind herself five minutes later with something along the lines of 'What are you doing? You hate him, remember.'
If you see this scene in a book, it is 95% likely that the MC will end up with the guy she had the musical moment with.

2) Waiters in the fiction world, are incapable of taking an order without flirting

If the MC and her lovely interest go to restaurant for a date, the waiter, or waitress must flirt with either the MC or Prince Charming. Because, for whatever reason,  the waiter/waitress is oblivious to the fact that MC and PC are on a date.
If a waiter flirts with MC, PC finds a way to intimidate him, or PC gets very mad and kisses or 'marks' her.
If a waitress flirts with PC, the MC gets mad/jealous and rants about her after she leaves. Sometimes, when the waitress comes back, the MC may find a clever way to tell her off.
If a waitress flirts with the MC, or a waiter flirts with the PC, then it is found funny.

What does everyone have against waiters/waitresses? Why are they so bad? And why are they all somehow around the MC & PC's age? I don't know if it's just me, but most of the restaurants I've gone to have a middle-aged waiters or waitresses.

3) Prince Charming seems to enjoy leading people to think that he and the MC are a couple

If they go somewhere in public, and joke around, or read each other, someone, usually a random stranger off the street, has to say 'Awww, you guys make such a cute couple!' or something similar.
Because it seems that the PC likes lying to strangers, he grabs the MC's hand and says 'Thank you'.
Um. I don't think anyone would really do that. Firstly, who just randomly says 'You're a cute couple' to two people joking on the street? They could be friends. Secondly, no guy, at least out of the ones I know, would pretend to be dating someone for a stranger. Thirdly, if I hate the guy as much as MC claims to hate PC, I wouldn't go along with it.

4) One in twenty thousand screaming girls

This is typically used in fanfictions, or any story where PC is a superstar. MC, who typically hates or hasn't heard of PC, is at a concert of his. PC looks into the crowd, and they lock eyes and WHA-BAM! Instant sparks and OMG, I have to know her!
I'm sorry, but I highly doubt a superstar will notice someone in a dark arena, with twenty thousand screaming girls. If he does, then I don't think he would go to all that trouble to track her down, and send her backstage passes and all that.

5) "You walked in at the wrong time!"

When an evil, ditzy ex-girlfriend (edeg) kisses the PC and the MC sees.
This bothers me. A lot.
I feel like it's a 'oh-I-don't-know-what-to-do-now-so-I'll-just-throw-in-some-pointless-drama' plot technique. Because the MC walks in at the exact moment it looks like PC is kissing EDEG back. And she leaves right away, and doesn't see him push her away. Or he pulls away and sees her, and says 'It's not what it looks like!', but doesn't yell at EDEG, or show that it is, in fact, not what it looks like. And, of course, a huge fight insures, plus a sob-fest because MC just won't listen to PC's explanation.

...I had way too much fun with this. Sorry if this offended anyone. I'm not trying to bash anyone specific, these are just scenes that I've seen in almost every single teen fiction/romance/humor book on Wattpad.

Next Tip: Summaries.

~JJ :)

PS. Leave requests on the second chapter of this 'book'!