Chapter 38

"Ashley! Would you please stop!!?" Jack screamed at her. She was currently throwing boxes of cereal at his face.

I honestly can't take them anywhere. They cause destruction, i don't know how they're both still alive yet. I grabbed the dented cereal box from the floor and put it back on its shelf. I don't feel like getting banned from the grocery store.

So I made the only choice I could make..

I walked away slowly and pretended like I didn't associate with them. My plan would have worked if a box of cereal didn't smack me on the damn head.

I turned on my heel to see Ashley pointing at Jack and Jacks face beet red.

Oooh this is how they wanna play

My face scrunched up in anger. I walked towards them both and stuck my finger at them.

"You both need to cut it out. Y'all are acting like children! So from now on if I hear you insult one another I will punish you. The both of you!" They looked down in defeat.

"Do I make myself clear?" I said still staring at them with hard eyes.

"Crystal" they both whispered. I huffed and walked away. I need to grab some milk and other things. Sometimes I feel like I'm their mother. They're insane!

I looked back at them to see them angrily whispering at each other. I cleared my throat and they quickly stopped.

Now that's more like it.

--

"Ashley help Jack unload the car please." I said while organizing the pantry.

She groaned but didn't say no, I saw her make her way out the door and to the jeep.

Ashley's pov (yass)

I walked out of the house and towards the driveway to Elizabeth's jeep. I love that girl to death but she drives me crazy sometimes. Oh and not to mention her older brother. I mentally rolled my eyes as I made my way over to the jeep.

I stopped as I saw Jack carrying all the heavy bags. His arms flexed slightly and his hair a little in his face.

I wonder what would happen if I just run my hands-

"Done checking me out?" Jack replied a light chuckle escaping his mouth. I tried to think of a good comeback but it was no use.

Hmm I wonder...

"Yeah well I mean who wouldn't check you out.. You're like the hottest, sexiest person.." I said sweetly.

All the bags from his hands dropped. I think I just heard the eggs crack. Liz isn't going to be happy about that. I glanced up at him slightly.

"W-what did you just say..?" Did Jack rivers just stutter?

I walked towards him. Slowly, taking my time I reached him. I grabbed his hand and turning it to his palm. His eyes never left me. I began tracing little circles up his arms until finally I was met with his honey eyes. I leaned in closer, him still frozen in place. I glanced at his lips.

The lips I've always wanted to feel, the ones that I long to touch.. But he doesn't see me that way.

I glanced up at him then with one finally breath took a step back.