Chapter Sixteen

"So you told her then?" Adam asks tiredly.

"Well yea. Technically," Ronan replies with a shrug. Adam sighs and reaches around Ronan to grab a can of peas off the shelf. Currently they are out getting some groceries for Maura while Noah and Gansey are taking Calla's car to get an oil change, and Blue stays at the house to help with a customer's psychic reading.

"Well you know that I couldn't care less since she seems to be fine about the idea of Barington not being such a cool guy, but Gansey might. Does he know that Blue knows?" Adam ask.

Once again Ronan shrugs while continuing to push the shopping cart down the isle, so Adam grabs seemingly random things off the shelves and throws them in. "I doubt it. Haven't you seen how happy he's been since we've gotten here?" Ronan questions him.

That's for sure, the poor guy hasn't stopped smiling. He  just seems to love everything about Henrietta, from it's dusty roads, to the winding hills, to the people. Especially the people. He never leaves a room quiet at 300 Fox Way. Well at least one of us likes it here, Adam thinks. "It's kinda strange to think of the all powerful and majestic Dick Gansey the Third living it up in the little, middle of nowhere Henrietta." Adam says thoughtfully.

Ronan raises an eyebrow. "Majestic?" He asks skeptically.

Adam rolls his eyes. "Can't you imagine him just standing on some hilltop somewhere covered in the finest fur upon his armor, his hair blowing in the breeze and a sword at his side," He explains dramatically.

Ronan nods. "Majestic as fuck," he says in agreement, causing a little old lady down the isle to look up in surprise at his loud language.

"Sorry ma'am," Adam apologizes quickly before pulling Ronan and the cart into a different isle.

"It's not to hard to think of him fitting in here though. After all it would be like a challenge for him, and he loves challenges," Ronan says.

Adam frowns. "I think that it's more than that though. He seems to blend in so easily here, like he's not even trying," he slowly explains.

"Maybe you and Blue's Henrietta charm just rubbed off on him. Now he's practically a native," Ronan says while throwing an arm around Adam's shoulders.

"Yea sure," Adam says with a roll of his eyes. What Henrietta charm? Some shitty southern accents and poorer than dirt people speakin with them, Adam thinks bitterly.

"Hey," Ronan says suddenly, stopping in front of him.

"What?" Adam asks, looking at the ground, sounding sour.

Ronan gently grabs Adam's chin and lifts his head up from the ground. "You've got that face on, stop it," He says with concern in his eyes.

Adam rolls his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about," He replies.

"Yea, I'm sure," Ronan says sarcastically.

Ronan stares at him with a soft gaze. Adam glares in response. Without seeming to realize it Adam begins to look Ronan over; his stance is rigid as always, shoulders squared, eyes kinder than they have been in a long while, jaw firmly clenched, and eyebrows narrowed in concern. It's this slight concern in Ronan that makes Adam pause. Ronan is not trying to push Adam like he feels he is, instead he just wants to be there with him.

Adam lets out a deep sigh. "Would you quit looking at me like I'm a kicked puppy already," Adam mutters in a peace.

Ronan lets a tiny smile grace his features. "That's my sassy Adam," He says while moving his hand to caress Adam's cheek.