Chapter 33

"Ashley?" Michael started. "Did you want to know why my parents kicked you out? Because I guess I'll tell you."

"You really don't have to" I replied.

"I feel like you need to know."

"Okay, then yeah, you can" I said.

"Alright," he started. "I always rebelled from my parents because I didn't have a good relationship with them. My dad always yelled at me and my mom would always look depressed. I ended up buying myself a guitar and all I would do was sit in my room all day and strum it. My dad yelled at me because of it so I'd run out to the woods and play it there. I don't know why I included that because it was random, but yeah. In school I always skipped class to play my guitar and I just wanted to listen to music all the time. When Leila and I broke up, I started messing around with different girls. One night, I came home drunk with a girl and we went to my basement and we..." He cleared his throat. "Well, fooled around. My dad..walked in on us, quickly leaving. We got dressed and she quickly left through the back door. He yelled at me for a long time, but I was extremely drunk and unstable. He told me to leave, and I was drunk so I don't know why he wanted me to drive whilst I was drunk. But I did, and I ended up on this beach. I passed out in the sand and woke up in the sand, a group of people surrounding me. They asked if I was okay and I told them to leave me alone. I noticed the different cabins and walked into a free one. I have to pay for it, but I have so much money saved up that it's not even funny...don't ask how I got it...anyways, I collected my stuff from my house and moved in here." He stopped talking so I figured he was finished telling me what happened.

I stayed silent for a while, taking it all in.

"I understand if you don't wanna be with me anymore now" he said quietly.

"What?" I asked. "That's stupid. Why wouldn't I wanna be with you?"

"Because I got kicked out of the house and I'm just really dumb..." He mumbled.

"Michael, it's okay. I understand." I kissed him on the cheek and he released the big breath he must've been holding.

"You're the only one I tell this stuff to and the only one who seems to understand me" he said.

"I guess that's good then" I replied, resting a hand on his bare chest.

I traced the tattoos on his chest with my finger and saw goosebumps cover his arms and body. I chuckled.

"Why do you have goosebumps?"

"It tickles" he replied, laughing. I laughed with him. Something about Michael's laugh is extremely contagious and I love it.

"Goodnight" I whispered.

"Night" he replied. I placed a soft kiss on his lips and we both fell asleep.

-

When I woke up, Michael wasn't beside me. I knit my eyebrows and sat up, figuring he was in the bathroom. I stood up and cracked the bathroom door open, but he wasn't in there. Confused, I walked to the kitchen area and found a note on the counter.

'I'll be out for a bit. Love you.

-Michael x'

What? Where is he? I frowned and pushed the note back. I trust him, so I guess I won't dwell on it...

I got changed into one of his Def Leppard t-shirts and a pair of his basketball shorts. I decided to take a quick shower and when I finished, I brushed my teeth and dried my hair, putting it up into a messy bun. I made Michael's bed for him and sat on it, flipping through the channels on TV. I pulled out my phone and was surprised when I saw 4 missed calls. I quickly unlocked it and looked at them; they were all from my mom. I called her and she answered on the third ring.

"Ashley?" She said.

"Hey mom" I replied, sighing.

"Where are you? You're coming home."

"Mom, I need you to understand something..I don't know what to do. I'm here with Michael and I'm still trying to figure things out.." I trailed off.

"Well, it's either that boy or your own mother."

"You can't make me choose" I said quietly.

"That's the way things needs to be" she replied.

"I thought you liked him.."

"I did until you went out with him until one in the morning. I don't trust him."

"You don't know him" I snapped.

"Just make the decision" she said, hanging up.

I sighed, putting my head in my hands. I don't understand why she's doing this to me. Why can't she see how much I love him?

A few hours later and there was still no sign of Michael. What could he be doing? I tried to watch TV as a distraction, but it didn't really do anything.

Time kept passing and my worry grew. I feel extremely clingy but it's not normal for Michael to go out randomly like this.

As if on cue, he opened the door.

"Hey" I said.

"Hi" he replied. I got up to hug him but he just passed right by me. What?

"Michael? Is everything okay?"

"I don't wanna talk right now" he mumbled, going to the bathroom and getting into the shower.

I frowned. What's going on? I stared at the bathroom door. He took a while in the shower but he eventually stepped out, shirtless and wearing jean shorts. I found myself staring at him.

"What?" He snapped. I quickly looked away, feeling my heart sink at him snapping at me. He must've noticed my expression because he said, "Sorry."

I turned away from him and pulled out my phone to distract me. I felt a little bit of the bed sink down as Michael sat beside me. I avoided looking at him, though.

"Ashley" he said, quietly.

I put my phone down and slowly looked up at him. His eyes were red and puffy, and I frowned at his state.

"Are you okay?" I asked, touching his cheek lightly with my fingers.

"My dad died" he said.

I felt my heart drop for him. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out. I just wrapped my arms around him, holding him close. I felt tears roll down his cheeks and drip down onto my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair to soothe him, and he sniffled. Him crying made me wanna cry. He slid down and rested his head in my lap, closing his eyes. I ran my fingers through his hair again.

"We weren't that close, but I just-I wish I could've said goodbye" he said.

"Shhh" I whispered, calming him down. "It's okay, Michael."

He turned over so that he was looking up at me.

"I found out this morning because my mom called me and told me. So I drove home and we both just cried over it. She told me she wants me to come home and that things have changed..." He trailed off. "I think I'm gonna go home."

I smiled at him.

"That's amazing, Michael. Not that your dad is gone..but that your mom wants you home."

"Yeah" he said, sighing. "I just don't know if I wanna do all the work."

I chuckled lightly at him. Then, I frowned because he still seemed sad.

"Michael, I'm gonna be here for you. I promise." I leaned down and kissed his lips, softly.

"I love you Ashley" he said.

"I love you too" I replied. He grabbed my hand and closed his eyes.

(A/N: sorry for the short chapter, but the next one will be longer. ilysm)