Chapter 25

Simone p.o.v.

Shit shit shit! I cussed Lauren and Michelle out in my head as Amina sped to the hospital. Apparently they had spun off the road and hit a ledge then flipped over it. I fiddled with my phone nervously. It rang and I jumped from surprise then answered. It was Michelle's mom.

"Hello??"

"Michelle has a broken collarbone, they said the airbag hit her shoulder when it came out. The car is totalled. The only thing they'll tell me about Lauren is that she had to have emergency surgery. They won't even tell me for what!" Her voice was dripping with worry and frustration.

Amina pulled up by the doors to the emergency room and I jumped out.

"I'm gonna park, text me their room." She said. I nodded.

"What floor and room are they in?" I asked Ms. Carter.

"Level 3 room 2116."

I held back tears as I pressed the button for the elevator.

"Be there in a second." I said and hung up.

Amina p.o.v. .

"Dammit Cass! I'm tired of you not answering the phone. Lauren and Michelle were in a car accident. You need to get your ass back here and be with her. Or at least with me cause this is some heavy shit and I need my best friend. Call me back."

I hung up angrily and sat back in my seat. I hated hospitals. Everyone is either sick or sad. I thought about the countless hospitals I'd been in and out of as a child and shuttered. I didn't need to bring up those memories, I'd buried them for a reason.I texted Simone to find out the room number. I really wished Cassie were with me.

~~~~

Simone clutched my arm as the doctor looked at us solemnly.

"W-what? What is it like a concussion? Why does she need surgery for a concussion?"

"Cerebral Contusions are a lot more serious than concussions. Your sisters was pretty severe and we took her into surgery to control the bleeding around her brain and make sure she gets and adequate amount of blood flow to the brain."

"Is she going to be ok??"

"We never know with these situations Miss...?" She looked down at the clipboard in her hand, "Hall?"

Simone nodded.

"The brain is touchy. I've had patients come out of this surgery completely fine. Other experience memory loss, numbness in certain areas or there body, emotional instability. You never know."

Simone buried her face in her hands and rocked back and forth. The doctor shot us a look of sympathy.

"I can assure you that Lauren is in the best hands." She handed me a pamphlet on brain contusions then left.

Simone started crying and I held her close to me and bit my lip to keep from crying myself. Ms. Carter came over and wrapped us both in a hug, kissing our foreheads and murmuring reassurances.

Suddenly the door to the room burst open and Eva came in, followed by her father and mother.

"Is she ok?? Whats wrong with her shoulder, where is Lauren?"

"Her collarbone is broken. Laurens in surgery." Michelle's mom answered.

Eva started talking in French to her parents and they frowned but left. She sat on the bed beside Michelle and gently kissed her cheek. Michelle's eyes fluttered open.