17| a flicker of sanity

so late i'm so sorry

9.4k reads I cannot fucking believe oh jesus

"It will only be for a couple of months," Lana soothed, her hands clasping mine. "Stamos can't get to me without you. Give me a couple of months and I can finally be rid of him."

I groaned loudly, expressing my distaste at the current situation. "How am I supposed to be away from you for months? We only just sealed the bond."

"I know. I know--it's not going to be easy. There are going to be days when all I'm gonna want to do is go get you. But I can't. If you stay here any longer, you and this entire pack will be in danger. I can't let that happen."

Noticing my unchanged expression, she pecks my lips softly and smiles. "Stop frowning. Don't be such an emotional human."

"Don't be such a hard ass wolf."

She giggles softly and kisses me again, longer this time until we part breathlessly. "That," she pants, "I'll probably miss the most."

"It's the twenty first century Lana. There isn't a taboo on self pleasure anymore."

"Oh, speaking from experience?"

I blush furiously remembering that humiliating moment. "Can't we never speak of that again please?" She laughs and frowns mockingly. "Why? It was hot."

I block my ears and chant, "Nope. Nope. Nope. I don't want to know."

She pulls my hand of her ears and puts them on her waist. Drawing her closer, I nip playfully on her neck. "You know," I whisper between kisses, "I just realised. I am really going to miss here." Removing my mouth from her neck, I stare into her obsidian eyes and speak. " I may not know anyone here except for Logan and Fei and half your pack probably still hates me because I'm not a wolf, but this is the happiest I've been in months. I know that this place can become my home and I'm willing to do anything to protect it, even if it means being stuck in some jail cell for 5 months."

"It's not a jail cell, it's a well staffed, fully equipped cabin in Dali. It's a complete tourist trap and Packs generally tend to not be near majority human areas. Also, it's underground and only I know of its location. And lovely little speech there. That was probably the sweetest thing you've ever said to me."

I scoff in mock disbelief. " I told you I loved you last week."

"I know. That was nice too--a little overrated, considering how much you humans hype it up. What you just said appealed to my Alpha side, which I loved."

"My God, you are the least romantic person ever."

"If you wanted romance, you should have mated a poet."

"Poet's don't exist anymore. At least, I don't think they do. And how do you also conveniently forget that you mated me, not the other way around?"

"Tomato, tomahto. Come on, you have to get packing."

"I'm sorry, are you not gonna supply me with a wardrobe in this secret location?"

"Of course not. I'm not a bank, I have monetary limits. Go on, go pack your own shit."

I laugh to myself as I walk off, calling out, "Stop staring at my ass as I leave the room!"

...

Currently, I sit on the edge of the bed sorting through my comics as Logan and Fei help me sort through my clothes. "You need to go shopping," Logan remarks, holding up a tattered flannel shirt. "And invest in proper laundry detergent." Fei nods in agreement as she throws a pair of black jeans into a box labeled "Trash."