VII.

"Come on, I'll tell you mine only if you tell me yours," the brunette Senator grinned at the blonde boy, who was tugging on a few patches of grass as he shook his head with a smile. The twosome were currently in a meadow in the lake country, that had a majestic view of the waterfalls just around a hundred feet away. They were also accompanied by the female Jedi, who insisted that she watch them from a ways away, claiming that she was fine on her own and she needed some time for herself, to think.

But Anakin knew that this wasn't the case, she wanted to be left alone because she didn't want anything to do with Anakin. Anakin knew that she also was trying to avoid Padmé, but she couldn't do so as it was her duty to protect the Senator and she was very big on the whole Jedi responsibilities thing.

"No, I-I don't know," Anakin let out a chuckle, plucking a flower from a patch near his feet and ran his fingers through the tiny petals. Padmé and Anakin were talking about the subject of love, and Padmé insisted that she wanted to have the details on Anakin's first love, but Anakin refused to tell Padmé anything. It wasn't because he didn't want to tell her anything, it was because he didn't think what he'd tell her was interesting enough. "I don't think the details of my first love are remotely interesting."

The Senator shook her head with a smile, her dark eyes fixated on the Padawan seated beside her. "Nonsense, I'm pretty sure I'll find it very interesting. I truly do want to know everything, Anakin. Please?"

Anakin knew that with his childhood friend looking at him like that, he couldn't say no. He let out a little laugh, glancing over at the girl sitting in the meadows around a hundred feet away. She had a small frown on her tanned face with her eyebrows drawn together, with her dark eyes trained on the grass in front of her. He felt his heart leap just from the sight of her, and he inhaled a deep breath in preparation for his revelation.

"It's Layna," he glanced over at Padmé, whose smile grew as she looked over at him with a rather overjoyed expression on her fair face. He was expecting her to get surprised or even shocked due to his confession, but surprisingly, Padmé wasn't showing either of these two expressions. Instead, she had a huge grin on her face as happiness surged inside the young Senator. Anakin could feel the Senator's burst of emotion due to the Force, and he raised his eyebrows at her questioningly, hoping to see the reason why she didn't react the way he was expecting.

A giggle escaped Padmé as she rested her head on her hand, the grin on her gorgeous face showing no signs of fading at all. "Oh Anakin, I've known that you've loved her since we were all younger," the Senator revealed, causing the Padawan's bright blue eyes to widen in surprise. Anakin didn't think it would be that obvious, but he was clearly wrong when someone figured it out even back then.

"If only you could see the look in your eyes back then whenever you looked at her," the former Queen's grin turned into a knowing smile, her dark eyes studying those of Anakin's as he slowly attempted to recollect himself. "I guess that same look in your eyes never really changed even after all these years."

Anakin didn't really think that anyone besides his Master would see through him like that. He found his admiration  for his childhood friend grow, applauding the older girl's observant eyes. His thoughts were once more directed to the gorgeous brunette who has his heart, even if she didn't have the slightest idea that she had it in the first place. "Layna, she's just so courageous and so strong and so beautiful, I knew that it was love the moment she walked into Watto's shop those years ago." Anakin could still remember that day like it was just yesterday, when a beautiful brunette girl stepped inside the old junk shop, trailing behind the bearded man, her dark eyes wandering the room with fascination.

The first word that popped into the slave boy's mind to describe her was beautiful, and he didn't waste any time telling her that as soon as they were left alone. He's always told her just how beautiful he thought she was, and he did that every chance he gets but she usually just shrugs it off with a smile. He still couldn't understand why she didn't believe that she was absolutely gorgeous, she was literally the epitome of beautiful in Anakin's eyes. She was the most beautiful creature that he had ever laid his eyes on, and it saddened him knowing that she could never see it herself.