36 // Cry

You know guys

I really love you

Really
Really
Really love you

Your votes and comments seriously make my fucking day

Notifications like '__ voted for chapter 24' or '___ commented on chapter 5' are the bomb dot com

ALAYU SO MUH
Thank you for readinggggg

//

No.

... Don't worry about your boyfriend sweetie

Please.

... He's in good hands ;)

This can't be.

The thought itself of not knowing whether the girl Damon's hands were wrapped around was the only girl he laid his hands on terrified me. Broke me. Picked my guts out and threw them across the world all the way to the land of shitty problems.

And now that text?

My mind went blank, trying my absolute hardest not to think of anything negative at this point. No, not yet. An idea clicks in my head like a flicker and I shove the bed covers off my body to reveal myself in a shirt and underwear, trying my hardest not to wake Kandy up on the couch.

"Screw it. No way I'm going to worry about this first thing in the morning", I point out, grabbing random pieces of clothing from my suitcase across the ground to get dressed. I blindly put on a pair of leggings, sweatshirt, and shoes, then bunch up my tangled hair into the worst attempt of a ponytail while walking over to the bathroom.

"I mean...", I explain to nobody when washing my hands, "I already promised myself long ago not to assume things before finding out what actually happened. And I'm sure he'll be more than happy to tell me how it wasn't him in the girl's photo, how he was just too drunk to function yesterday."

Turning the tap off, I look up in the mirror.

Dried up makeup.
Dark circles peeking through.
Pale cheeks.
Hair too messy to function.

And only now I felt a tear stroll down to my jaw.

"What the fuck?", I hurry to wipe it off using my sleeve, "No, no, no, this is weak. You're not a fucking weakness."

I wipe more and more until my red eyes showed no sign of the never-ending flow of tears coming through them. I don't even bother putting on a fake smile as I talked myself into not overreacting... trying to.

|

I pass by endless rooms and stairs to go down into the fancy dining hall of the hotel serving breakfast. Arriving at the open door to the crowded hall, I stare at the endless stands with variations of food. But cringe my nose at the smell. It was a buffet, a buffet I would've loved to dive right into with three plates and one fork but not today.

I snuck my way to get water from a vending machine next to the entrance when overly-feminine laughing made my headache ache more and three girls strode in giggling. They looked to be my age but were definitely not from our school, maybe just on a trip of their own.

Eh. I turned my eyes away, didn't care.

"You're insane!", one of them said to the middle girl, "There's no way he stayed after that."