26

"Phasmatos Incen-ow!" I cursed. I dropped the candle and I held my burning hand. Kai also swore in pain but quickly removed the pain with a simple spell.

Show off. I thought, rolling my eyes seeing how easy he performed the spell.

"I try, Ri." I raise a brow. Did I say that out loud? "Yeah you did."

I decided to change the subject to hide my own shame. "This is so boring, Kai. I've spent an entire hour, alright an hour. And I still can't light this candle." I kicked the candle elsewhere.

He stared at me, with amusement, I rolled my eyes. It had been since a few days since I gotten my memories. Kai was teaching me spells since he said my magic was unique.

Which meant he bonded us again, I didn't know why. Loves me too much. I grinned at my own thoughts.

"What's so funny?" Kai wondered, getting a fresh candle from the bag. He brought about twenty candles and we had around five left.

The rest I threw or kicked away with frustration. I hadn't lit one, the only thing I did was burn my hand.

"Nothing that concerns you." I said, he rolled his eyes throwing the candle at me. I caught it, staring down at it in my hands.

Stupid piece of wax.

Damon kicked us out of the house, saying spell practise was not to be performed in his home. So Kai and I went to the woods, it was still bright outside but night was close by.

"Just relax Ri." Kai said, suddenly behind me. I jumped.

"How did you get here so quick?" I wondered. He just laughed, wrapping his arms over mine and guiding my hands that held the candle.

I felt his breathing in my ear and shuddered slightly. "Please, breathe quieter." I said. Kai laughed, planting a kiss on my cheek.

Though things weren't official with Kai and I, we practically acted like a couple. Well that's what everyone has said about us.

"Please get better at magic." Kai replied, I scoffed but he smiled.

"I'll let you have that." He hummed in victory and I rolled my eyes.

"Now, Ri. Just focus, forget everything else." Kai told me. I nodded. "Close your eyes and clear your mind, just focus on lighting the candle."

"That's difficult with you kissing my neck." I opened one eyes and looked at him. Kai laughed, resting his head on mine.

With my eyes shut, I thought about creating fire on the candle and not my hands. I chanted the spell, under my breath.

This better work. I thought, slowly opening my eyes after the spell was finished.

"Yes!" I cheered, seeing a flame. Kai cheered too. He was now standing against a tree with his eyes glued on me. I smiled but sneezed causing the flame to go out.

Kai broke into laughter and I huffed. "Dammit." I snapped. I threw the candle against a tree, watching it smash into million pieces on the ground. "Screw you candle."

"Well you lit it for a second, I'd say that's a new record." Kai shrugged. I flipped him off and he grinned walking over to me. He held my upper arms. "Wanna try again?"

I raised my eyebrows. "No, who even uses candle anyway? If I want light, I'll flip on a light switch." Kai laughed and leaned down to connect his lips with mine.

++++

"Not another." Kai complained, I rolled my eyes.

"Not another." I mimicked, switching on another episode of Pretty Little Liars. I started watching it when I arrived back in Mystic Falls.