3 My Brother's Beta

© Caitlin Shepherd 2011

Wow, i'm so excited about the amount of people reading this! Over night i went from 287 fans to 318!!!! Yay!!!! So, i thought that you guys deserved a new chapter!!

(-Chapter Three-)

I played with the hem of my shorts as I waited for my parents to get home. The small black shorts that I was wearing are from when I was nine. Nine. It’s extremely embarrassing to think that I haven’t been this skinny since then.

But I down side to it, though, was that I’ve grown quite a bit since then. In fact, I think I may have grown a couple of inches last night on it’s own, let alone since I was NINE.

I’m obsessed with the age nine right now.

Point being, my shorts were almost underwear on me, the shirt I was wearing was bigger on my arms and waist – but my, um, breasts had seem to go up a few sizes, so I had no bra to wear underneath, and I was holding a pillow to my chest – none of my undergarments fit, and even my socks looked droopy on my feet.

Oh God, that means I’m going to have to go shopping.

If I can even go out in public.

“Beth, stop pulling at the hem,” my mum scolded when she walked in, not even fazed my new appearance. “If you keep on pulling at the loose threads, there’ll be nothing left.”

“Mum!” I shot up and went to hug her, needing to be held in something familiar. Her loose curls of brown hair tickled me, and I could imagine her brown eyes gleaming with amusement – as I am definitely NOT a huggy person.

My mum, previously three inches shorter than me, was now at least half a foot shorter, if not more.

“Mum,” I sobbed into her shoulder, “What’s happening to me?”

“Shh…” she calmed me down, pulling me away and leading me back to the couch. She sat across from me, while Kyle came and sat next to me, passing me a pillow. I scowled at that – it’s bad enough that I know about my no-bra  problem, I don’t exactly need my older brother pointing it out.

I looked up at his face, prepared to hit it with the pillow, but then I noticed something – his eyes. It’s the same hazel it’s always been with honey comb flecks, but that now came extremely apparent to me. My new eyes are the exact same colour.

I leant in to whisper to him. “You’re a monster too, right?”

He chuckled, ruffling my hair. “You’ll find out soon, kiddo.”

“James!” Mum called for my dad. “We’ve got to have a family meeting – regarding you-know-what.”

My dad’s head immediately popped up from the front door, his eyes widening when they landed on me. “Beth,” he smiled, “You look even more beautiful that yesterday!”

I smiled sheepishly at him. “Could you please explain to me WHY I look better than yesterday? Oh, and the fact that I turned into a giant white wolf last night?” I said calmly, almost patronisingly.