3

Phil Lester

As soon as I enter I feel intimidated by the bright flashing lights and at least a hundred bodies carelessly swaying and talking and drinking. I don't like any of those things.

PJ walks ahead of me and I tell him that he is an idiot for bringing me here. He tells me that I will start enjoying soon, once I've had a drink or so, but I really don't like the taste of alcohol. It is disgusting. I'd rather drink seventy pints of ribeena. I keep my head down to watch my step, but I don't want to bump into someone either. After an internal battle, I finally look up. I look around, there's not really much people I know except PJ, and my eyes finally rest upon a familiar face. It's Craig, he is a great guy, a little bit pretentious but a good friend, and beside him is the person I feared I would interact with.

Dan Howell.

It's not like he is mean to me or I hate him. It's the opposite actually. Since the day I met him, I have had a humongous crush on him. He has changed a lot since then though. He was just an average, sarcastic teenager up until an year back, and we were actually really good friends. I loved his personality and we had a lot in common but he just suddenly stopped talking to me. He started going out more, started hooking up and did actually grow more attractive which didn't help the crush I had on him. I don't mind being around him but there is a weird vibe that comes out of him now.

He isn't the same he was before, and that makes me very uncomfortable.

When we reach them I notice Dan's eyes lingering on me but I don't call him out. He really should work on his "checking out" skills if you would even call it that. I knew I shouldn't have worn a shirt. Has a button popped open? I quickly look down to check but everything seems fine. Maybe I just look awful today.

And that makes me even more uncomfortable.

"Hey Phil, how you doing?" Craig, steps forward to capture me in a hug. I wasn't really ready for it, so it is just an awkward embrace and I hear PJ silently laughing. He is a nasty person.

"Good, what about you?" I almost forgot he had asked me a question. It is really inconvenient that he is standing six feet away from me now while we're having a conversation. I literally have to yell again so that he hears me.

"Do you want a drink?" PJ says into my ear, and I want to decline but I just shrug instead. Dan hasn't really greeted me, so I don't make a move either. I wouldn't able to converse with him anyways, due to the giant knot in my stomach. He looks good today. His hair is sitting perfectly straight in a fringe across his forehead, and he is wearing all black. The usual.

"Do you want beer or a vodka?" PJ yells and I go for the beer. I don't really want the burn of vodka right now when my stomach is churning.

I lean on the bar, and unfortunately the only booth left was beside Dan. I couldn't ask PJ to switch as that would seem rude so I just process to turn my body away from him.

Just as I take a sip of my beer, which tastes not that good, I hear the familiar thick voice.

"So, how have you been?" Dan asks and I am aware of the instant heat radiating off me as I look at him.

"Me? Good. How about you?" My response seems frantic and Dan smirks. Holy heck. Does he know? Does my face look weird now? Am I blushing? I sure hope that I am not because I will spend a million hours thinking about it then.

"Good." He mimics my words and I gulp. I bring the pint of beer to my mouth again, to end the awkward exchange, but of course the universe decides to play a joke on me.

"What's that?" He points to the pocket of my jeans, and terrifyingly there is a mario head poking out of it.

--
I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Leave a comment if you do, and please vote! xx

Also Dan is bisexual in this fic, so yeah